Introduction Welcome To Hyundai Aftermarket! We are the worlds #1 most active and Premier Hyundai Forum and Website for Tiburon, Genesis, Veloster, Accent, Elantra, Santa Fe, Tucson, Equus, and Sonata owners! Post in here under the thread that was automatically created for you, and tell us a little about yourself!

New User With A '99 Tiburon!

Old 02-28-2006, 06:30 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hello everyone. I live in a little ass town in Minnesota and there aren't many tuner cars around. The ones that are around are like 95 neons with the mufflers cut off and a bunch of ugly graphics. I recently purchased a '99 Tiburon 5 speed manual with about 73,000 on it. It has been a good car for a while now and I have put on a good 5k miles on it over a 5 month span. It has clear corners, a painted consloe, some striped vinyl, and a no name cat back exhaust. I hope to put more into the engine but i have no idea what to get. I was thinking an AEM CAI and some new headers. I am really intrested in getting a wet nitrous system but i have no idea if the engine can take it. I would like to know what the best first mods would be before i get a body kit or anything showy because you have to have the go before you can get the show. I just what to know what is best to buy for my car for the money. I am still in High School and money is precious. I hope to spend time on this forum, it being one of the best Tiburon sites i have seen, for a while. Hope to see you around. -Dylan
Old 02-28-2006, 07:14 PM

Vehicle: 97 Tib

For all your questions search on the site, 90% of the time they've been asked, answered, and discussed multiple times. You'll learn a lot by doing this, trust me smile.gif

Other than that, welcome! RD1s are the way to go. fing02.gif
If you're looking for cheap parts, check the For Sale forums, lots of items are sold for really cheap because guys just don't want them cluttering the garage anymore.
AEM CAI is a good start, but if you're tight on money you can pick up the AEM "clone" being sold on ebay for like $50 cheaper, and it's pretty much the same thing. (I personally bougth the AEM though)
Glad to have another midwestern aboard, that makes like what, 5 of us now from WI/MN area? haha.
Old 03-02-2006, 02:46 PM

Sweet dude welcome to RD.

Where in MN, sounds exactly like Bemidji almost, just turn about that 95 neons into 47.5 and add on civics / eclipses (im the only tuner tib).

As for your mods, I'd go AEM (not injen), 1.8 cam, and a voltage stabalizer probably...
Old 03-02-2006, 04:19 PM

welcome to the site man, i know how it is being a poor teen... just think up some ideas and someday if not now you'll be able to put them into action.
Old 03-02-2006, 04:52 PM

YEah man Deffinantly search and youll find MORE than enough info that way. But Tibs are verry constricted on there breathing so if you just slap on you CAI and open your exhaust (i.e. remove 1 CAT and 1 resinator) will help ALOT. Then yeah your 1.8l cams would be your next best bet. And about your bodykit...Buy a GOOD one first not a knock off. Get Veilside or the Cuda or something but please buy an original not a fake. I bought a fake and after a month had it off buying my VEILSIDE kit. But none the less welcome to the boards and have fun waxing those neons.

Ohh Zoned...RD2s for teh win.
Old 03-02-2006, 04:55 PM

Vehicle: 1991 Olds Cutlass

Welcome back....

Where are you in Minnesota?

I am located in Albert Lea, one from Mankato, and a few from Bermidji*spelling, that i know of.
Old 03-02-2006, 10:19 PM

^^^Im the only from B-town... smile.gif

Berrrmidji is damn right is F'n cold.
Old 03-03-2006, 01:24 AM

Vehicle: Elantra HD / 2007

Welcome to the RDTiburon
Old 03-03-2006, 05:21 AM

Vehicle: 1999 Hyundai Tiburon SE

Welcome! 1999 is the best year smile.gif
Old 03-03-2006, 07:55 AM

^^^ You got that right!
Best of the 1st gens and just before the horrible mistake of the 2nd gens wink1.gif

OH yeah, Welcome! fing02.gif