Introduction Welcome To Hyundai Aftermarket! We are the worlds #1 most active and Premier Hyundai Forum and Website for Tiburon, Genesis, Veloster, Accent, Elantra, Santa Fe, Tucson, Equus, and Sonata owners! Post in here under the thread that was automatically created for you, and tell us a little about yourself!

New User

Old 09-13-2007, 09:50 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2001 Tiburon

Hi, my name is Chris.

I'm from Lake Worth, FL.

I drive a Turbulence.

I found these forums after stumbling across them while looking for info on the Scoote hood. I really like it but I'm thinking the Scoote 2 without the front air dam may be better. I'm also afraid about leakage through the vents. If anyone wants to comment what direction I should go here or maybe elaborate on the shit I'm worried about then feel free, I would appreciate it.

I've done the following mods to my car.

I have the Veilside body kit and I'm in the process of installing it all. The side skirts and rear bumper have been molded on already and came out real clean and nice. Now I'm working on modifying the front end because the guy that did the skirts and rear f***ed up big time and put a RD1 core support on an RD2. I'm doing the rest of the work myself including cutting out the new RD1 core support they put in and rewelding in the right one. Hopefully next wed. she'll be all ready to drive. Along with the body kit I have done few minors as I'm just getting started with this car and don't know how much I really want to do? I mean is an RD2 really worth bringing to the track? Feel free to comment on that too, I lack experience and knowledge as far as tibs racing.

the other mods include:

air intake
altezza euro tail lights with carbon fiber
clear corners

thats it so far but you can expect a paint job in about a month and some performance upgrades by the end of the year

It's good to meet you all and I hope to learn from you!
Old 09-13-2007, 09:52 AM

Vehicle: 05 Subaru WRX

Welcome to the site.
Old 09-13-2007, 09:56 AM

Finally, a really good intro! Welcome to the site! Do you have any Pics? smile.gif
Old 09-13-2007, 10:18 AM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (RedShark_TiBuRoN @ Sep 13 2007, 09:56 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Finally, a really good intro! Welcome to the site! Do you have any Pics? smile.gif</div>

yeah, where should I post and how
Old 09-13-2007, 10:21 AM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon, 2004 Kia Sorento, 2010 Kia Soul

Welcome to the site, nice intro.

Don't worry about any leakage coming in through the vents, it won't hurt anything. A LOT of us have vented/scooped hoods, no problems from it.

Please read the site rules and follow them (don't quote the post above yours, use the "ADD REPLY" button at the bottom of the page)
Old 09-13-2007, 11:31 AM

i'm knew to the whole forum thing so I'm probably gonna screw up quite a bit but i'll try not to

maybe i'm dumb?? but i may need a "forums for dummies" book or something... and I actually know how to use a computer

can someone fill me in a little on where I put pics, how to access this garage deal, or just any basics to get around?

also what is a pm and how do i pm someone?

your help is needed, but even more so it'll be appreciated.
Old 09-13-2007, 11:33 AM

Vehicle: 05 Subaru WRX

Well for the photo bit you can use a hosting site such as photobucket.com then post the image from the link on photobucket
Old 09-13-2007, 08:57 PM

Vehicle: 2004 Volkswagen Jetta GLI

welcome
Old 09-13-2007, 09:26 PM
Administrator

Vehicle: ǝdnoɔ sısǝuǝƃ

welcome to the forum. You don't need a forum for dummies book, you're already doing better than 90% of the newbies we get.

your car looks great. I'm impressed. Most Tibs need an aftermarket hood.. but your car is simple and I wouldn't try a new hood. Work on performance first.

you're free to roam about the forums now. Post most pics, the car looks great. Trust our opinions... we've been there and done that, and we learned (the hard way) where NOT to waste our money.
Old 09-16-2007, 04:51 AM

Vehicle: 2008/Hyundai/Tiburon gt

great intro welcome