Introduction Welcome To Hyundai Aftermarket! We are the worlds #1 most active and Premier Hyundai Forum and Website for Tiburon, Genesis, Veloster, Accent, Elantra, Santa Fe, Tucson, Equus, and Sonata owners! Post in here under the thread that was automatically created for you, and tell us a little about yourself!

New Tib In Annapolis

Old 09-13-2006, 10:58 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Greetings all! I've been checkin this board out for about two months now before my first post now. My names Bryan and i'm currently in Annapolis finishing up some school. This is actually my third different car from three different countries so its almost like i'm a newbie to the tunin world everytime (first a BMW and second a Toyota). I swore to myself that this car would remain a daily driver after i recently wrecked my autocross ready toyota corolla (oh yea it can be done) but i'm feeling the itch again. I belong to a car enthusiast group from the DC Area, Rare Elementz so that helps feed my want to mod my tib. But lucky for me my funds are low, currently funding my girlfriend through college, so i'll have to take it slow this time. Looks like a great board with some real dedicated people. Can't wait to see what the future holds for my Tibby!

Just a quick note about my car too... she runs fine with 139k miles on the engine, but i'm thinkin about swappin in a junkyard engine for some piece of mind. I bought the car up north so rust is pretty well spread so if i got a newer block i could put a new intake manifold along with new 4-2-1 headers and she'd look clean again and i wouldnt have to worry about dressing up my old block and having it die on me...but any suggestions would be well appreciated...
Old 09-14-2006, 12:18 AM

Vehicle: Turbocharged 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

Hey another guy who spells bryan wrong haha.

jk. gonna need a new engine sooner or later.
Old 09-14-2006, 01:15 AM

Vehicle: Hyundai Tiburon FX

what's up man, welcome to the boards! wow, good to see a member from home! i just finished all of the major things in my tiburon. i didn't know there were car clubs in DC, but i tend to stay away from there because the roads are horrible and there is a ton of traffic and pedz who just wish carmageddon upon themselves. i was there last week and we saw two ferraris and a lambo. anyone who brings a 360 convertible or a lambo to DC has got to be loaded.

how old are you?
Old 09-14-2006, 06:44 AM

First of all I don't see anyone spelling their name Rian...so if Ryan is correct don't you think Bryan is too? Second of all i might need to clear up this DC Area thing...I'm originally form Alexandria (NoVa) and two other guys in the club are from NoVa also. Three of the other guys (and the one girl) are from maryland above the beltway. No ones actually from DC its just easy to describe it that way since we're all about 25 mintues from there. And i'm 21 and in my last year of college...if you can call it that since it'll be off tot he military when i'm fnished... Yea i talked to the hyundai dealership and they seem pretty helpful about finding me an engine, so i may not have to junkyard search myself if this works out
Old 09-14-2006, 09:07 AM

Vehicle: 2004 Volkswagen Jetta GLI

welcome...
Old 09-14-2006, 09:11 AM

welcome..dealership will charge you arm and leg though. why not boost your car? you sound fairly knowledgeable so could save on parts and labor seein as youre already established in the tuning scene
Old 09-14-2006, 04:33 PM

But boosting an alreayd old engine (138k miles) will just up and kill it quicker. If i wanna play with the block i want it to at least last a little. Plus i think i'm gonna go N/A this time...gas kills when you gotta buy premium...
Old 09-14-2006, 05:38 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

true. post some pics of the car. yes we like stock pics, too
Old 09-14-2006, 06:07 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

Welcome to the site.
Old 09-14-2006, 07:07 PM

Vehicle: Hyundai Tiburon FX

21 here too. haha yep you're from the bottomside of the beltway across the bridge. alexandria is very nice though busy! i'm from the top of the beltway. if you need a new engine i think i can hook you up and with a mechanic too but i would recommend driving that one out to the last drop. those engines can go to a good 200k without problems and changing oil every 3000k, spark plugs, and the I.V. test for high mileage will let her breathe.

any photos of the tiburon?

hyundai dealer will find you an engine but probably haul you more than if you found one.