Introduction Welcome To Hyundai Aftermarket! We are the worlds #1 most active and Premier Hyundai Forum and Website for Tiburon, Genesis, Veloster, Accent, Elantra, Santa Fe, Tucson, Equus, and Sonata owners! Post in here under the thread that was automatically created for you, and tell us a little about yourself!

New Member/intro

Old 06-23-2007, 11:08 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hello,

I've been lurking on the site for a while. To get to know me a little, my name is Ryan, and I reside in Florida. I'm a computer salesman (lol?) and technician (no, I will not fix your computer =p) , and there you go. You know me.

I used to have a Black 2001 Tibby that I was just starting to mod. I owned it for just around a year and was in absolute love with it... Then some punk just-turned-16-year-old ran a stop sign and totaled my tibby =[. I'm devastated. Anyway, it's about time I signed up and joined the discussion. Anyway, I look forward to talking and such.

Take care!
RK.

P.S. I'm going to also put a wanted ad up as well. I need to get me another Tibby, pre-GK. I want another 2001, but right now I'm looking at a fairly new 2003 gtk with 3700 miles... just because it's low miles and has the Tibby name. Personally, I'm in the market for anything 2002 and under with at most 70k miles stock. Rebuilt engine/modded is fine. I honestly don't care if it has heavy mods or not. If it does, great. It's less work for me, and if I want to do something else with it I'll do it myself. For Stock I wont go any higher than 5.7k. Modded I can go 10k-11k. Know of anything available? fing02.gif

EDIT::
In case you wanted to see my loss, here it is:

and

It doesn't look like much, but quite a bit needs to be replaced: Passenger side door, fender, hood, bumper, apron/skirt, radiator support (ouch), a bunch of plastic pieces (i.e. Window wash fluid tank, etc), and quite a bit of other things. But yeah.
Old 06-23-2007, 11:24 PM

Vehicle: 2000 Hyundai Tiburon

Nice intro man! First off all, sorry for your loss. People need to learn how to pay attention when they are driving. Good luck on finding another tib to replace her. Hopefully another RD. GK's are nice and all, but they just aren't as nice when it comes to the looks department. I have a question about your username. Was it just random? Couldnt think of anything else? Just curious. Enjoy the stay.
Old 06-24-2007, 12:12 AM

Vehicle: 2001/Hyundai/Tiburon

Terrific intro, and way to stay with the Tiburon! Low miles is important, and everyone here will agree the RD series is way much better than the GK, so try to find another one like what you had. I know there's a number for sale on the site, check out the FS section.
And most of all, welcome!!
Old 06-24-2007, 07:21 AM

Vehicle: 2004 Volkswagen Jetta GLI

welcome...
Old 06-24-2007, 10:31 PM

Thanks for all of the warm welcomes!

And landshark: I actually spent some time as a pro-gamer (ok, start the flame war lol). That username was similar to an old gaming handle I used to use, so I used it... because I couldn't think of anything else.

While I was on the topic of my poor car...

I'm thinking of buying my car back from Allstate. I want to buy a new rd2, but considering it's hard as hell to find a good deal on one, and most well kept cars are in show conditions and their owners won't want to separate from them I'll have a hell of a time finding a car to buy.

So, I'm thinking I might just buy my car back from Allstate or their auction. It should go pretty cheap considering there's about 4k of damage on it. Of course, that's with brand new parts etc, etc. The kbb value is between 4.4-5.7k. If I do the math, They'll auction it for around 1k-2k. Only thing, is I gotta find out of the auction is closed to anyone except dealers (I know a lot are). Or maybe Allstate will just sell it back to me pre-auction. I almost didn't want to file the claim through my ins. because of the fear that they'll total it. I should have done it through the kids and seen what they estimated and just gone from there.

The estimate said I just need some reservoirs, a fender, door, lights, radiator support and the skirt. I thought I'd take a trip to a junkyard and go part hunting, or buy some off rdt. My door has a fresh regulator and wires, good window. My car has brand, frickin' new tires (I think they have MAYBE 2000 miles on them MAX. I got them about 4 months ago). I was going to get a CF hood, so I figured I'll just replace it with a CF hood (or maybe used oem). Lights are gonna be ~200 used, probably. I think all the parts will come to something like 3k, because I know there was about $1800 in labor charge. I don't know what to do though. =/

Most people won't separate from a show condition car (which mine was show quality before the kid hit it lol), and I miss mine. What do you think I should do?
Old 06-24-2007, 10:39 PM

Vehicle: 97 Tib

Welcome (again?) ! I do tech support too tongue.gif

Radiator support is what killed you.

Me personally, I like to start fresh. It shouldn't be hard to find a new tib with under 70k. Stay away from the GK's though! RD for life! ha.

Good luck mang.
Old 06-24-2007, 10:43 PM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (zoned019 @ Jun 24 2007, 10:39 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Welcome (again?) ! I do tech support too tongue.gif

Radiator support is what killed you.

Me personally, I like to start fresh. It shouldn't be hard to find a new tib with under 70k. Stay away from the GK's though! RD for life! ha.

Good luck mang.</div>

Ugh, I hate how it merges my two posts as one. It makes it confusing to read rofl.

Anyway, yeah. On the RD that support is all one piece. They gotta replace the whole thing, and by the book.. that's 10 hours of labor. =/
Wallace Hyundai sold the 2003 gk I was looking at, and I'm kind of happy they did. It was a GT with a sixer, which made it tempting. However, I don't like the gks much. They still have the 2005 gt, but....like I said, gt or not I don't like the gk. Those are some ugly cars.... and heavy.
Old 06-25-2007, 04:04 AM

hey