Introduction Welcome To Hyundai Aftermarket! We are the worlds #1 most active and Premier Hyundai Forum and Website for Tiburon, Genesis, Veloster, Accent, Elantra, Santa Fe, Tucson, Equus, and Sonata owners! Post in here under the thread that was automatically created for you, and tell us a little about yourself!

New Member Here

Old 05-03-2007, 10:52 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hello everyone,

I want to start by thanking everyone for the great knowledge you have shared here. I live in MA (anyone here from this state) and I own a 1999 Tib.... I've had it since '99. Hell of a car, takes a beating and it keeps on ticking smile.gif I have driven it from MA to CA and back to MA. For mods I have an AEM CAI and ssautochrome exhaust system from headers to muffler. It sounds ricey but after searching and reading through this forum I have finally found the solution. I also have but not installed yet a Findoza aluminum flywheel and a stage III racing clutch. I also have adjustable coilover springs but I am uncertain about them, if anyone has any input on these let me know thay are the cheaper version. Next step will be a 1.8 camshaft (now do these come from the elantra?), throtle body and last but not least I am going turbo. Here is a pic of my ride...sorry it's the only one I have so far since I bought the camera:

Old 05-03-2007, 11:40 PM

Vehicle: 2004 Volkswagen Jetta GLI

welcome...car looks great
Old 05-03-2007, 11:41 PM

Welcome! Nice Car laugh.gif. I always wanted to get the shark fin spoiler but it was like 350$ sad.gif
Old 05-03-2007, 11:43 PM

welcome to the site, car looks good. How did you find the site?
Old 05-04-2007, 01:12 AM

Thanks! I found the site through google. I was looking for hyundai forums and ran into this one and another, but this one has a ton of info. It's like finding a pot of gold smile.gif. I do have a question that I have not found the answer to. Every time I floor it when the rpm's reach 4k the car's acceleration holds back for a few seconds then releases and continues to accelerate. It happens from any gear, 1st, 2nd, 3rd... etc. Does anyone have any idea at all as to what it might be? Could it be the clutch?
Old 05-04-2007, 01:22 AM

Vehicle: 2003 Hyundai Tiburon GT

hey welcome bro
Old 05-04-2007, 02:42 AM

Seems like you are starting with all the right mods... keep it up and if you have any questions post away!
Old 05-04-2007, 04:43 AM

Vehicle: 2001/Hyundai/Tiburon

Welcome! You did find the hidden pot of gold, there's a bunch of information on here fing02.gif
To answer your questions: the 1.8L camshaft comes from the 1997-1999 elantra or if you can find a 1.8L tiburon. Best place to get it is on here through, they're getting kinda rare.
Do you have an automatic? I'm guessing you don't because of your clutch purchase, but that would be the easy fix... Is your engine bogging down at that point, or does it simply stop producing power, or does the car feel to slow down but the RPM stay the same (clutch)? Need a little more info there...
Again, welcome!
Old 05-04-2007, 05:21 AM

Thanks for the info StrikeEagle smile.gif OK, let me see if I can explain it. I do have a 5 speed, and to give you a scenario let say I am getting on the highway, I usaully leave it on 3rd gear as I am driving on the ramp to join the highway, once I see that I am clear to proceed I floor it and when it reaches 4k rpm's the cars feels as if someone was hold it back. I do not loose speed but I do not gain any during these few seconds either. Then after a the few seconds (and you can actually feel this) the car breaks from this short hold back and it picks up speed again. It will do it again on 4th and 5th gear. I thought it was just me until I had my cousin in the car and he said he felt it too. I feels as if you hit a huge gust of wind head on, just enough to stop the car from accelerating. The car does bog down when I take off without letting it warn up.... I guess that is normal, but every so often it does it when the engine is already warmed up. The reason I put the full exhaust system was because the OEM exhaust manifold had a crack down the middle, that and I wanted to mod it laugh.gif. I hope this explains it better, if not let me know and I'll try something different. I rally want to get this fixed, it is annoying. Thanks for the help! smile.gif
Old 05-04-2007, 08:47 AM

Vehicle: 2000 tiburon

welcome man add some more pics of your ride.