Introduction Welcome To Hyundai Aftermarket! We are the worlds #1 most active and Premier Hyundai Forum and Website for Tiburon, Genesis, Veloster, Accent, Elantra, Santa Fe, Tucson, Equus, and Sonata owners! Post in here under the thread that was automatically created for you, and tell us a little about yourself!

New Here

Old 01-18-2007, 02:37 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hello, I'm new here. I don't own a Tiburon.

what are some of the quicker tiburons on this site running as far as 1/4 mile times? If drag racing isn't your thing, just state what some of the better setups and horsepower/torque figures are. I'm just wondering.

Thanks,
Steve
Old 01-18-2007, 03:04 PM

Welcome to the site! I used to own a Tiburon, now I own a 2001 Honda S2000.

As far as 1/4 times, the fastest I know of is Tom, owner of APE. His Tiburon (i think it's an 03 or 04) runs high 10s, low 11s.
Old 01-18-2007, 03:06 PM

welcome to the site.

you will find tons of useful information by using "SEARCH" function!
Old 01-18-2007, 03:12 PM

http://www.rdtiburon.com/index.php?showtopic=19299

Here's the thread about the Tiburon that runs 10s, in case you wanted proof.
Old 01-18-2007, 03:20 PM

a basic modded tib runs mid 15's. as long as you can drive half way decently at least...
Old 01-18-2007, 04:14 PM

Vehicle: Hyundai Tiburon FX

there aren't a lot of fast tiburons on the street, but we do have some aftermarket in which you can't just look up a magazine in the supermarket and order something it takes a matter of patience to find everything you need and build a custom turbo setup. once all the parts are found, it's really the highway from there all you need is to pick up a book on turbos.

8psi is considered safe for stock engine. our engines are excellent, they go up to 200k n/a or more and they can take quite a beating. a lot of people think hyundai engines are terrible, but that's just the opposite. our engines are incredible, but if changed to be faster they have to be done with care and knowlege.

we also have alpine developments which make turbo and supercharger kits for us and have proven to be worth the mony. they range from $2,500 - $3,800 if i stand correct. after that we have factory intake cam, aftermarket pulleys, pistons, high cc injectors you name it you can get it shipped from korea.

i'm surprised more tiburon owners haven't boosted their tiburons, but that's because tiburons are daily driven and bought as cheaper nice cars. a lot of people don't realize how nice of a project they are because obviously they don't have the patience to do the job, like me!

there's a member in korea with 550hp tiburon just from boost and a few high quality replacement parts. what people forget is that they can buy a nice car (i bought mine for $3,000 fully loaded leather power eveything) for incredibly cheap and have leftover cash do work on a turbo or supercharger whereas instead they buy $20,000 V6's and don't realize they could have saved $17,000 for boost.

problem is these parts are becoming less and less available. pretty soon they will disappear, and the new 2003-2007 tiburon will be its replacement.
Old 01-18-2007, 04:58 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon, 2004 Kia Sorento, 2010 Kia Soul

You're welcome here at the site, but the rules still apply to you.

Please do a proper introduction, telling us about you, your car, and how you found us.

I don't deal with Trolls, so if you post things like "Tiburons are gay", I'll just ban your ass.