Introduction Welcome To Hyundai Aftermarket! We are the worlds #1 most active and Premier Hyundai Forum and Website for Tiburon, Genesis, Veloster, Accent, Elantra, Santa Fe, Tucson, Equus, and Sonata owners! Post in here under the thread that was automatically created for you, and tell us a little about yourself!

New Girl Here!

Old 04-05-2007, 02:36 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 01/hyundai/tiburon

Hey everyone,

I've been a lurker for quite some time and i just thought it was about that time to introduce myself. My name's Kate and i'm a recent graduate of Mobile Dynamics in Toronto (largest accreditted car audio school in North America - 12v licensing) and i've owned my '01 Tiburon for almost a year now. I have a couple of performance parts on her, but i have bigger plans for my car.
My car is actually turning into my portfolio over the summer, to help me gain employment at some well-known custom shops around my area. I'm a huge fan of fiberglassing, and anything custom. Also, if it's too loud, you're too old tongue.gif (quality sound, however, not just booming bass).
There's a pic of my car in my avatar, although over the next few months the look of it will be changing drastically (nothing ricey, of course!). I plan on giving it a nice shiny black paint job, debadging it and putting my own custom badges on (goes with theme of car), new dash, console, door panels, redone upholstry, removing the back seat and glassing it up! Not to mention performace parts. I haven't yet decided if the interior dash/console will be airbrushed or if it will be vinyl wrapped. I have a unique design for the interior trunk/back of the car that i hope to be sharing the final pics with you soon.
Unfortunately i have to wait until the weather warms up to start my glassing so it'll cure properly sad.gif

See you all around the board!

Edit: lol my avatar is a picture of me, here is a picture of my car:
Old 04-05-2007, 02:43 PM

Welcome and great intro. I hope you stick around and get all the info you need here.
Old 04-05-2007, 02:45 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

welcome and great introduction. would you be interested in selling some of your fiberglass work to members here? im going to try to do my own stuff but i kinda doubt ill get it to work out properly. post some more pics of you car, yourself, and the work you do when you get a chance.
Old 04-05-2007, 02:48 PM

Vehicle: 97 Tiburon

welcome to the site wavey.gif

and we're gonna want more pics wink1.gif
Old 04-05-2007, 02:50 PM

welcome to the site! smile.gif
Old 04-05-2007, 02:52 PM

Sweet deal! She's got an R-Type spoiler. smile.gif

Welcome to the forums, officially! I'm sure you've noticed, it's a great group of folks here and a wealth of information.

Canada Aye? awesome.
Old 04-05-2007, 02:53 PM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Ericy321 @ Apr 5 2007, 03:45 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>welcome and great introduction. would you be interested in selling some of your fiberglass work to members here? im going to try to do my own stuff but i kinda doubt ill get it to work out properly. post some more pics of you car, yourself, and the work you do when you get a chance.</div>

That would be an awesome idea to shell out some fiberglass work, i never thought of that before. How large is the interest for people here? If you send me some designs we can work out pricing, etc, and i can just use my car as a mold (unless it's for a newer tib). Keep in mind i have to wait until it warms up for the glass to cure properly... Also i do plexi-glass work (frosted accents with LEDs look awesome! cool.gif )
Old 04-05-2007, 02:57 PM
DTN

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

Welcome to the site. I like you already. You seem to have a good background. I take it you have a Jensen deck? I like your plans. Do you do your own Fiberglass? If so, you need to add to this DIY when you get a chance http://www.rdtiburon.com/index.php?showtop...p;hl=fiberglass
Old 04-05-2007, 02:59 PM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Spiffywerks @ Apr 5 2007, 03:52 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Sweet deal! She's got an R-Type spoiler. smile.gif

Welcome to the forums, officially! I'm sure you've noticed, it's a great group of folks here and a wealth of information.

Canada Aye? awesome.</div>

yea, no kidding about the wealth of information! I LOVE the DIY section, so many things that i would never have thought of! I love the idea of an entire forum with just Tiburon owners.*sigh* it's a good life lol

Awesome, eh! lol
Old 04-05-2007, 03:00 PM
Nex

Welcome, definitely a great idea since alot of people dont know or wont do fiberglassing themselves. Plus, i dont know how much exp you have, but practice makes perfect. And wouldn't you be able to add that to your portfolio?
Good luck and remember to search first before asking around for help. I personally dont care but others get cranky abt that.