Introduction Welcome To Hyundai Aftermarket! We are the worlds #1 most active and Premier Hyundai Forum and Website for Tiburon, Genesis, Veloster, Accent, Elantra, Santa Fe, Tucson, Equus, and Sonata owners! Post in here under the thread that was automatically created for you, and tell us a little about yourself!

New To The Forums...

Old 03-07-2007, 07:31 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi all. Well, I finally joined up the forums over @ NewTiburon.com
and someone was kind enough to point me over here 'cause not many
RD2 Tib's over on those forums. Anyways, its been nearly a year since
I bought my '00 Tiburon off some spoiled rich kid who "got tired" of having it.
Still paying on it some (only had bout 1/3rd of the cash on hand)
and of course car insurance is through the roof being 18y/o 02.gif

Here's a basic run down on items/things done to the car so far...
17x7 Drifz Rims (black w/ chrome lip)
Exhaust (just the muffler so far - plans for full exhaust in the works)
5% Window Tint (FL state legal is 30% I believe...)
Pioneer H/U w/ 6x9 Rockford Fosgate (Back) and 5.5" Pioneer (front) speakers
Painted select parts of the interior a Metallic Silver with help of a friend
Cheap eBay CAI... plans to replace with either a good brand name CAI or Short Ram
Hood L.E.D. lights & under-body neons (stopped using the neons)
Interior 15" Blue Neon w/ control (beats to the music)

As you can see - some of it took a wrong turn; some had to happen that way due to
lack of $$ in the moment. Basically when I got the car - the entire stereo was shot.
All but 1 speaker blown, the head unit stolen. I only had the cash for the Rockford's
and I got the Pioneer speakers off my (now EX) girlfriend's friend. Plans to replace shortly.

The CAI works decent; I've gotten a slight but noticeably better acceleration (its a AT, btw)
but now I can only top out @ 110mph or so; before, I took it up to 125mph (+/- a few mph).
The underbody neons - me and my friend were discussing ideas for my car and tossing
quiet a few out as being too "Ricy" or needing me to really do more engine work before I
went and put exterior stuff on that says "Hey! I've fixed up my car).

Saddly my parents overheard this and "neons" and the rest they either ignored or missed.
So last Xmas I got them installed and I was like um... WTF? But their cheap eBay ones..
Already messed up so I can't use them. Their OK and would be nice if my car was nice and
clean with a good healthy engine to back 'em up. But ricer gay with no engine mods to back it.

So right now I got a nice healthy list of things to do... most will be waiting on $$$.
But just thought I'd drop by and introduce myself and my Tiburon smile.gif

I'll post some pics in a little bit... one thing I gotta say - here in DeLand (near Daytona)
there is only 1 or 2 other Tiburons with the same (RD2 ?) body style.
I love not passing myself up every time I go out to drive smile.gif
Old 03-07-2007, 07:44 AM

Vehicle: 2004 Volkswagen Jetta GLI

welcome...post pics
Old 03-07-2007, 07:48 AM

Vehicle: 2006 Hyundai Sonata GL V6

Welcome to the site!
Old 03-07-2007, 08:08 AM
Administrator

Vehicle: ǝdnoɔ sısǝuǝƃ

so you're near Daytona? Welcome to the site

what are going to be the next mods you add? If you had a few hundred dollars to spend right now, what would it be on?
Old 03-07-2007, 09:16 AM

Welcome to the site!

Unfortunately, having a Auto limits your performance and alot of cool little mods you can do that many of us do. But don't let that stop you! Is this your first car? Have fun with it! Make mistakes on it, learn learn learn.

If you mess something up, you can always come here and we'll try to help you sort out the trouble you got yourself into. Some of the guys know these cars inside and out and can basically help you fix any issue you might have --- and be able to save money by doing it yourself.

The biggest thing you'll probably hear is that you've gotta do the auto to manual swap.

... Actually, Scratch that. Just watch out for RedZman. haha. He'll be hollaring at you to become very familiar with the search function. Cause if you ask questions with trying a search first, be prepared for a very generic response of:

"This question has been asked before. Use the search to find this topic. *Thread Locked* "

Just fair warning. Also, take everything RedZ says to you with a grain of salt. He's not an ass -- really he isn't!! hahahaha. Just doesn't like seeing dumb questions asked. smile.gif But if you do happen to ask them, which everyone does, be prepared. lol.

Check out the Do It Yourself (DIY) forum for alot of good information and easy stuff you can do yourself to make vast improvements to your car.

Welcome to the site! Enjoy!
Old 03-07-2007, 09:48 AM

Vehicle: N/A as in Not Applicable, not Naturally Aspirated

welcome dude, I've got a blue AEM CAI that I'll be selling soon. It's the best out there for us. and VERY easy to install, you can do it yourself.

-Patrick
Old 03-07-2007, 09:56 AM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon, 2004 Kia Sorento, 2010 Kia Soul

Welcome to the site my man, very nice intro.

Oh, and this is me being rude, or so I hear.

LOL
Old 03-07-2007, 11:33 AM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (majiktib @ Mar 7 2007, 10:08 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>so you're near Daytona? Welcome to the site

what are going to be the next mods you add? If you had a few hundred dollars to spend right now, what would it be on?</div>

Yea bout 20-25mi inland from Daytona. Seeing all these street bikes is tempting laugh.gif
But... still want to finish my car... seriously considering a bike for just to/from work
transportation after I finish modding up my car. Which is going to be a near never ending quest laugh.gif

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Spiffywerks @ Mar 7 2007, 11:16 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Welcome to the site!

Unfortunately, having a Auto limits your performance and alot of cool little mods you can do that many of us do. But don't let that stop you! Is this your first car? Have fun with it! Make mistakes on it, learn learn learn.

The biggest thing you'll probably hear is that you've gotta do the auto to manual swap.

Check out the Do It Yourself (DIY) forum for alot of good information and easy stuff you can do yourself to make vast improvements to your car.

Welcome to the site! Enjoy!</div>
Yea, I've since found out bout the AT 02.gif But its OK, I plan on doing a MT swap laugh.gif
Thats the next stop after this thread - search button to find where to buy the parts smile.gif
I cannot find ANY Tiburons @ the local junk yards ! 02.gif 02.gif
I plan on having my friends help with the swap 'cause their experienced in doing both
engine & tranny swaps (@least on Honda's and Nissians).

And yea its my first car smile.gif Very proud of it ! (except the paint... lol)

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Patreezy @ Mar 7 2007, 11:48 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>welcome dude, I've got a blue AEM CAI that I'll be selling soon. It's the best out there for us. and VERY easy to install, you can do it yourself.

-Patrick</div>
How much for the CAI? Could you hold onto it while I get cash if its more $$$ than I have ?

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (REDZMAN @ Mar 7 2007, 11:56 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Welcome to the site my man, very nice intro.

Oh, and this is me being rude, or so I hear.

LOL</div>
laugh.gif Sounds pretty rude almost nice to me LOL.
Here's a few pics... note the messed up back bumper 02.gif Also got a assortment of
dings and dents. Basically the paint job is last on my list for right now, though...

Some more pics here
Old 03-07-2007, 11:53 AM
Banned

looks pretty good man.. love the rims with the black car..

before you purchase any new parts, do a search for them, and then if theres no definative answer after running a search, make a post in the appropriate forum, and we will not only steer you in the direction to buy the best parts, but the places to buy them from.

welcome to the site man.

don't bother thinking about and engine/tranny swap unless you have money to throw away..

a turbocharged beta (tib motor) can hold 300whp on the completely stock motor, and JUST with upgraded pistons can hold 400whp.
Old 03-07-2007, 11:57 AM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (SOCKS @ Mar 7 2007, 01:53 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>looks pretty good man.. love the rims with the black car..

before you purchase any new parts, do a search for them, and then if theres no definative answer after running a search, make a post in the appropriate forum, and we will not only steer you in the direction to buy the best parts, but the places to buy them from.

welcome to the site man.

don't bother thinking about and engine/tranny swap unless you have money to throw away..

a turbocharged beta (tib motor) can hold 300whp on the completely stock motor, and JUST with upgraded pistons can hold 400whp.</div>

Is that Auto or Manual tranny? 'Cause it seems people with T/C or S/C engines, with Auto,
don't really boost as much as say someone with a Manual tranny. Also when you boost, don't
you usually upgrade the pistons, pullies (I think?), cams, etc. ? Vs. running on stock engine?
Then again don't much much - thats why I'm here laugh.gif

Thanks bout the rims... kinda had to rush in and buy 'em - I'd checked the tires one day last Dec. and
found that I'd been careless (not checking 'em since buying the car) and all were worn down, one to the wire.
So had to get rims. Wanted something clean and nice fitting to the overall car when I was finished.
Skipped right to black 17's with chrome lip laugh.gif Seen a pic of stock (Sports Alloys) GK Tib rims that were
painted black on this beautiful orange GK. Man, gotta admit they came out smoking hot and made me almost
regret getting these lol.gif