Introduction Welcome To Hyundai Aftermarket! We are the worlds #1 most active and Premier Hyundai Forum and Website for Tiburon, Genesis, Veloster, Accent, Elantra, Santa Fe, Tucson, Equus, and Sonata owners! Post in here under the thread that was automatically created for you, and tell us a little about yourself!

Need some info on '01 Tiburon

Old 03-12-2004, 09:27 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Howdy y'all,

Ok this is my first post here, and hopefully not my last. I have a '01 Tiburon as the topic says and hoping to get some info on body kits and other after-market add-ons. I bought it used, and the previous owner had already put a new cold air-intake and a new muffler (I dont know anything about this stuff- stuff being add ons!). He/she did not leave any information on these two items, so I dont know the make or anything.

Basically why I want to add something to my car is because I like how they look after a body kit is added. That may be lame, but I just want my car to look good. I wont be racing, and more than likely will not be doing any shows.

Any links or ideas on bodykits/sets (will need new rims) would be greatly appreciated.

This is my car now:
http://f2.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/dasobeliz...lbum?.dir=/dce8
Old 03-12-2004, 09:56 PM

Default Need some info on '01 Tiburon

First: Welcome! laugh.gif

Second: Please use the SEARCH BUTTON:
http://www.rdtiburon.com/index.php?name=PN...f95be6fff20ca8e
Bodykits have been discussed PLENTY.

Here are a few:

http://www.rdtiburon.com/index.php?name=PN...viewtopic&t=958
http://www.rdtiburon.com/index.php?name=PN...iewtopic&t=1009
http://www.rdtiburon.com/index.php?name=PN...viewtopic&t=860

OH yeah, you might also find Hyundai-Aftermarket.com informative
http://www.hyundaiaftermarket.com/cgi-bin/.../ultimatebb.cgi

Enjoy the stay
Old 03-13-2004, 06:57 AM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon, 2004 Kia Sorento, 2010 Kia Soul

Take some pics of the engine bay and we can tell you what you have in there.

As for body kits, there are several sites you can get them from, HP.com, Importshark, www.kspec.com <-- I personally recommend, and more.

Searching here and at HA.com like Kayjai mentioned will result with more answers to your questions than you can ever ask for. Take a look around and come back and ask us particulars about each body kit you are interested in.

Welcome bra.
Old 03-13-2004, 10:58 AM

Thanks for all the links! Lots of good information on all those

After reading a few posts on other sites, I found people asking about the customer service of a few of these sites. A few posters even said somethings about not recieving what they ordered? Hopefully there are not very many of those sites out there.

Looking around for a bit, found this (if I didnt want to spend large sums of money):
http://www.ngkits.com/customer/product.php...cat=3543&page=1

Around $500 for the entire kit, seems like a decent price to me. Looks good too, only thing Im worried about is the quality if I go with something that is only about $500.

Now, I really like this one:

http://www.importshark.com/STObodykits.htm

The Ixion Kit, 2nd one down in the '00-'01 range. It keeps much of the look of the original car, and is smooth like Id want. Now, the price is over 2x that of the other Invader kit. Did a little searching on it too, since I like it much more than the first kit I linked to smile.gif. Found lots of things about peope putting it on, and no problems or anything.

Now for my questions:
-Will the price make that much of a difference (other than how much of a hole it burns in your pocket)

-Any modifications I need to make to the car before I can put these on? (Lowering the car, that kind of thing)

-After I have them on the car, will a regular car shop be able to paint these (Will be getting the car repainted whether or not I add anything to it)

Ok, think that is it for now. Ill post some pictures of the engine bay sometime later.

Thank you for your quick replys!

PS AWESOME site, everyone seems friendly in the topics I have read through- not something you see on most internet forums

Old 03-13-2004, 11:15 AM
Administrator

Vehicle: ǝdnoɔ sısǝuǝƃ

HyundaiPerformance.com .... KSpec.com .... those are very good sites and you get great customer service. I've heard nothing bad from importshark.com but be careful with sharkracing.com ... they're the only real 'bad' apple in the Hyundai scene.

PLEASE do NOT buy that body kit for $500... DO NOT BUY from Next Generations. I've had so many people come to me and wanting to know why their body kit won't fit. You can end up spending $1200 at a body shop just to make the kit fit properly... by that time you could have bought an authentic Veilside (www.Veilside.com) body kit and had it fit perfectly.

Those places that sell that body kit (call it Invader or Vader) for $500-700 are fakes. They buy the real thing then make a mold (replica) of the original and sell the cheaper knock-offs. They aren't nearly as good in quality and fitment. Trust me, so many people have come to me asking why their body kit sucks. The sides are 2-3" too long, the front doesn't fit anywhere NEAR the fenders, and the back is just a pain in the ass. Do yourself a favor, if you want that body kit, spend the $1800, and look up the distributors on www.Veilside.com for the real body kit.

I would not Lower the car before getting a body kit. The Veilside body kit sits about 2.5" high off the ground with factory suspension. See how the kit fits on there before buying lowering springs or coilovers. Yes, a regular body shop should be able to paint and install the kit for you. I would find one that specializes in imports, body kits, or something other than a regular Maaco paint shop.

PLEASE DO NOT BUY THE VADER, INVADER, or AGRESSOR kits... they are Fakes and are horrible in quality and fitment... you'll regret it! shock.gif
whew... I'm glad this guy found the website before he ordered the kit wink.gif
Old 03-13-2004, 11:16 AM

if i were you, i wouldn't go for the first link you posted (the vader kit). if you ask around here, you'll get a big "hell no" on fake kits. they cost less, but they don't fit right, etc. taking the advice of many people on this site, go for the real kit (made by veilside). it costs a whole lot more, but in the end, you'll be happier.

see, i've learned something from these people wink1.gif

EDIT: hahha....see, majiktib got the punch just before i did. laugh.gif
Old 03-13-2004, 11:50 AM

smile.gif Yeah, I was really skeptical about that first one once I saw some prices of the others! Definitly would NEVER order anything for my car without asking people (like y'all) who know about these things hehe.

The Veilside Kit is what you have in your profile correct? Thats a very nice kit too smile.gif

So, about $1500-2000 is a good price to pay for a quality body kit.

This also means I do not have to do any modifications to my car before I have a body shop put the kit on, correct?

Once again thank you for your quick and nice replys! Glad I found this website, going to make sure I have everything in place before I do anything hehe.
Old 03-13-2004, 11:52 AM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon, 2004 Kia Sorento, 2010 Kia Soul

Yeah, the sites you WANT TO STAY AWAY FROM are the following...

www.sharkracing.com <-- It's tempting with all they have on their roster, but even the BBB recommends you don't do business with them.

www.teamsr.org <-- It's Sharkracing (SR)'s team site that split off in January. A true asshole owns the place and you have about a %20 chance of getting what you order. STAY AWAY.

www.hdkautosport.com <-- You have a %5 chance of getting what you order and a 0% chance of ever hearing from them via email or phone.
Old 03-14-2004, 07:08 AM

Yeah, what they said and welcome to the boards. wink.gif