Introduction Welcome To Hyundai Aftermarket! We are the worlds #1 most active and Premier Hyundai Forum and Website for Tiburon, Genesis, Veloster, Accent, Elantra, Santa Fe, Tucson, Equus, and Sonata owners! Post in here under the thread that was automatically created for you, and tell us a little about yourself!

My intro!

Old 06-18-2009, 11:12 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2002 Hyundai Accent
Default My intro!

Ride: 2002 Hyundai Accent

Parts List:
*WeaponR Dragon Intake from 2002 Mitsubishi Lancer (not evo, dangit)
*WeaponR Twin Mini Muffler (also from the Lancer; are we seeing a trend?)
*Gutted Catalytic Converter
*14" Aftermarket Rims (name brand escapes me)

Ice:
*Pioneer Head Unit (blown rear channels and amp pre-outs)
*Two Mitsubishi 6" speakers
*Walmart Generic 300W Amp leading to pair of Logitech Speakers

Exterior:
*House of Walmart Fire Red fogged to Jet Black
*Kirker Clear with 1 micron powdered brass add-in
*Generic Large Adjustable Spoiler
*Deleted OEM Third Brake Light, replaced with LED light bar around license plate

About the Project:

Originally purchased the car for $500, non running (due to a horrendous lack of preventative maintenance), as a cheap replacement for the above-mentioned Lancer (damn deer). I had decided to use the accent as a beater-mobile whilst I installed go-fast parts into my 1990 Fireturd, but... I cant leave well enough alone! So, after realizing it would cost less to install go-fast parts into my accent (and it'd be faster anyway), i embarked upon an epic journey. As of this writing, it is dedicated to all things Ricer (yeah, all the BAD things), since it was cheap and... honestly looks better than it did!

Current Plans:

*Deploy to Afghanistan Aug14
*Save lots of money
*Come back to the States
*Invest approximately $8000 into the Accent

Wish list includes, but is not limited to:

*Beta I Motor
*Every part available from HorsepowerFreaks.com
*Stage 3 Clutch Kit
*Suspension System from HorsepowerFreaks.com

But for now, it is... DEDICATED TO ALL THINGS RICER.
Old 06-18-2009, 11:16 AM
Administrator

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Vehicle: 2010 Genesis 2.0T

welcome2.gif to the site! Sounds like you have a nice project going. You definitely came to the right place. LOTS of Accent owners here can help you out with what ever questions you have. smile.gif
Old 06-18-2009, 12:04 PM
Administrator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Vehicle: Two Accents, Mini, Miata, Van, Outback, and a ZX-6

Ouch, dedicated to all things ricer? Well now I gotta see pics.

I guess we've all done it at one time or another.
Old 06-18-2009, 01:58 PM

Vehicle: 2006 Hyundai Tiburon

Welcome Aboard and yeah pics pls worthless.gif
Old 06-18-2009, 05:14 PM

I curse my cellular provider with a long, slow demise into obscurity! Phones not sending pics out right now for some reason, so pics will be forthcoming ASAP.

Quick Question: From what I understand, a Tibby clutch from 2000 should bolt onto the Accent, ya? same splines 'n all, just i believe 5/8" bigger diameter...

Lord I despise the learning curve on new vehicle mods.
Old 06-18-2009, 05:18 PM
Administrator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Vehicle: Two Accents, Mini, Miata, Van, Outback, and a ZX-6

It will not work. Even Beta swaps require using an Accent clutch unless you swap to the Beta tranny as well.
Old 06-18-2009, 05:32 PM

Got it. That's what I get for trying to figure things out on my own from Cardomain laugh.gif Glad I finally found this place though, looks like I'll be able to get some good info b4 I head out!
Old 06-18-2009, 08:38 PM

Vehicle: 2004 hyundai tiburon

welcome.gif
Old 06-18-2009, 10:11 PM

Talking

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(ElectricTuscani @ Jun 18 2009, 02:58 PM) </div><div class='quotemain'>Welcome Aboard and yeah pics pls worthless.gif

Ok, here we go. Lo-Res from cell phone, cant really see the metallic flake in the clear, but that pic's coming!</div>
g]

Edit: Eh. Not bad for a grand total of less than $700.00! And it's an AWESOME starting point.
Edit, Part Deux: Ok, and honestly? For $20 of Wallyworld paint and about $50 of clear, I'm no longer embarrassed to be seen in it. cool.gif
Old 06-18-2009, 10:43 PM

agh. Someone stop me, I'm so tired I cant stop posting...!!

Anyway, the body's staying the way it is now until I get back from afghanistan. I'm purchasing all the parts while over there, so when I come back it's gonna be engine mod/swap, body kit, audio, new paint (NOT housepaint, believe you me!), rims, tint, suspension, and lighting. Lots and lots of lighting! (my friends keep threatening intervention for my addiction to LED's). Figure all said and done, since I'm ASE certified and my cousin's the ICAR body man, from start to finish i'll have about 30 days straight in it. Good chunk of that time will be waiting for the Beta to get back from the machine shop, during which time we'll be knocking out the paint/bodywork, tucking the engine bay, etc. Ultimate goal is to build a daily driver show car, capable of out-performing these silly muscle-head in the area who think all racing is performed in a straight line and requires enough cubic displacement to drown 3 baby hippo's in. Not to mention, not like missouri is really known for performance upgrades to Accents. Had a guy driving an NSX at the lake actually flip around and follow me trying to figure out what the heck I was driving; apparently the debadge work just confused him.