Introduction Welcome To Hyundai Aftermarket! We are the worlds #1 most active and Premier Hyundai Forum and Website for Tiburon, Genesis, Veloster, Accent, Elantra, Santa Fe, Tucson, Equus, and Sonata owners! Post in here under the thread that was automatically created for you, and tell us a little about yourself!

Metallic white paint?

Old 04-18-2010, 10:43 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2001 grandeur XG ( Australia)
Default Metallic white paint?

Hi all, Davenwolf here from downunder Australia.
We just purchased a 2001 XG with 79000kms in the clock and a full sevice history. The Major service was thrown in and the timing belt replaced as a precaution on my request. I see in the US these cars have a wide age range ( lol even found some drag racing on youtube). They seem to be an old mans car downunder so this thing is imaculate inside and out. The leather is like new and the extensive test drive I did (scaring the hell out of my girlfriend when I cranked it in sports mode) gave me pleasant results. It handled our dirt road ok and took speed bumps well at low speeds.
Now to insure the thing I had two paint options : metallic or pearl
Our car is White. Can you get metallic white and whats the difference? blink.gif
I don't have any plans to mod the car at all but i may post a pic anyway to see if the Aussie version has any external differences.
Well looking forward to picking the car up on friday after an extensive detail I also demanded after the service being completed.
Looking forward to hearing from anyone who owns an XG. Oh but no horror stories just yet please smile.gif

Catchya's later
Davenwolf
Old 04-19-2010, 06:40 AM
Administrator

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Vehicle: 2010 Genesis 2.0T

welcome.gif to the site!

You can get Metalic white, but it'll have silver metallic pieces in the paint. Difficult to see, but under the right angle and lighting conditions....you can see the metal fragments.

For white colors, Pearl is definitely the way to go since it'll change shades depending on the angle and light source.

Let us know if you have other questions. We're pretty helpful and friendly around here. smile.gif
Old 04-19-2010, 04:10 PM
Administrator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Vehicle: Two Accents, Mini, Miata, Van, Outback, and a ZX-6

welcome.gif