Introduction Welcome To Hyundai Aftermarket! We are the worlds #1 most active and Premier Hyundai Forum and Website for Tiburon, Genesis, Veloster, Accent, Elantra, Santa Fe, Tucson, Equus, and Sonata owners! Post in here under the thread that was automatically created for you, and tell us a little about yourself!

Long Time Lurker, First Time Poster

Old 07-28-2006, 01:33 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey. I have a 1997 base model Tiburon. Well, actually I have 2 but one is currently being stripped for parts. My daily driver has 237,000+ on the clock, the last 100k having been driven by me.

In almost 3 years of ownership the car has endured neglect, abuse, & a general lack of TLC. I drive the car hard, occasionally go 10,000k between oil changes, ignore all of the warning signs that something is about to break, and amazingly the car just won't quit.

These days, it's starting to look like crap, burns some oil, the suspension is making it scary to drive, the rear quaters are starting to rust, the rims are pitted and filthy, there's a crack in the manifold, a hole in the flex pipe, and a few interior peices are missing because I was going to do some "k-kustom" mods. Other than that, the 5 speed shifts well and the engine still pulls hard to the redline.

As you can see, the thing needs some serious work. Plans for the summer include a body job, flex pipe, fix the interior, refinish rims, & new suspension. With all of the spare parts I have, hopefully I'll be driving my Tiburon for years to come. (Well, only if I start taking better care of it!)
Old 07-28-2006, 01:37 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

02.gif
Sad Tib story. Give it some love man. Fix her up and get it looking nice and feeling good to drive. We dont need any more junked Tibs. Welcome to the site
Old 07-28-2006, 01:37 PM

Vehicle: 2001/Hyundai/Tiburon

um... burning oil is a bad thing, how many miles does this tib have on it? You might have to add a motor on that list.

anyways, welcome!
Old 07-28-2006, 01:43 PM

Vehicle: 2000 Elantra

welcome mang i tend to go to the junk yards alot lemme know if you want me to find you a motor

offtopic.gif woot i just passed spart in the top 10 list of post whores
Old 07-28-2006, 01:58 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon, 2004 Kia Sorento, 2010 Kia Soul

Can you please fill out your tib year and location in your profile?
Old 07-28-2006, 02:02 PM

^^^

Thanks for the offer, but my parts car has a great drivetrain with about 150k on the clock. Plus I'm guessing shipping to Nova Scotia would cost more than the motor itself!

I'll probably end up swapping the motor next summer. Depending on cash flow, the parts car motor might get a rebuild and a few performance goodies, or I might design a low-boost homemade turbo kit. I'm not looking to hit 250hp or anything like that, but I would like to get a bit more performance and handling out of my car.

That being said, first things first I have to fix everything that's wrong with it wink1.gif I'll see if I can't get some pics of my "work in progress"
Old 07-28-2006, 02:14 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon, 2004 Kia Sorento, 2010 Kia Soul

Ehh, I didn't offer anything.

Please fill out your Tiburon year and Location in your profile, it's in the USER CP section.
Old 07-28-2006, 02:15 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

Welcome!

The tibby just needs some TLC and Im sure she'll be running even better again. But please dont ignore any warning signs anymore! The tibby will run but it needs some love too smile.gif
Old 07-28-2006, 02:16 PM

Vehicle: 2006 Hyundai Sonata GL V6

Welcome to the site! Be good to your Tib. Sounds like you plan to be now.
Old 07-28-2006, 04:04 PM

Vehicle: Turbocharged 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (REDZMAN @ Jul 28 2006, 04:14 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Ehh, I didn't offer anything.</div>

He was talking about faith, faith offered to find him an engine.

And wooly, i just spent some time at the pick and pull, and when i tore a few valvecovers off i could tell what cars had not been maintained for shit. I pulled one off and there was charred oil and deposits all over the place. it appeared to me the car had been run without oil or without changing the oil for a while. Also we were looking at other cars and saw the same thing. One car we saw somebody had opened it up to take the pistons but after seeing the pistons, they just left. The pistons were really ruffed up, the cylinder walls were all scraped up and rusting, i imagine thats why it was there. But its really a shame to see the aftermath of what people do to their cars.

It made me wanna smack everyone who doesnt maintain their car and u need to get yours fixed before i come up there and smack you. lol. joke.gif

But welcome to the site, and glad your gonna give her some TLC after she ran for you with abuse.