Introduction Welcome To Hyundai Aftermarket! We are the worlds #1 most active and Premier Hyundai Forum and Website for Tiburon, Genesis, Veloster, Accent, Elantra, Santa Fe, Tucson, Equus, and Sonata owners! Post in here under the thread that was automatically created for you, and tell us a little about yourself!

Let's Try This Again. . . .

Old 02-21-2008, 08:33 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2002 Elantra GLT

Ok, let me try this AGAIN. . . stupid thing just wiped out. . . .ARGH!

We got te basics out ofthe way before the crapola hit the spinning blades. . . I've been in the auto biz for close t o10 years. Did a short (3yr) stint with AutoZone back when they actually focused on car parts and not kid toys, spent some time in a steel mill, john deere warehouse and then found my "true calling" here at the dealerships. Spent 3 years at a hyundai/kia/suzuki/daewoo dealer before finding my home here selling upscale honduh parts.

Besides the Elantra, we have my wife's turd. A 2000 Accent sedan 5spd that we bought last fall for her to beat up at grad school. It jus tturned 146k miles last week. Elantra turned 86k, we bought it new in april 2002. The other car, our long distance cruiser, is a 2006 GMC crew cab 2wd. Small V8, tall gears and 24mpg on the highway. Last vehicle is my 93 CB750 Honda Nighthawk. HAd it since nov 98 and will admit that I am a "fair weather" rider.

Been working on cars since I knew what a car was. I've been blessed to have come from a mechanically minded family. There is nothing on any of my vehicles that I haven't done. All maintenance, repairs and what-not I do.

The car is a bit more modified than it looks. Has a GK 19mm rear sway bar, Accord CAI, soon to be 2.25" custom cat-back, Spectra5 front strut bar, H&R springs, Canadian spec Factory fogs that are custom wired through the Aussie rear fog switch, TWM Shifterbase bushings, Kartboy poly shifter linkage bushings, Sonata 16" aluminum wheels with KH16 205/55 tires, factory woodgrain kit (port installed) and a ton of cone rash. Car came in 3rd place in STS ths year locally. Hoping to make that 1st this year.

Pics will come as soon as I get a chance. My work blocks all photo/video sites so I'll have to get around to it from home soon.

EDIT: here's a couple I got off the local forum.

Normal attire:

Weekend fun:

OK, this should be a pic of the bike (let me know if it's not! PLEASE!)) :

And I THINK this is the truck:
Old 02-21-2008, 08:45 AM

Vehicle: 2001 Tiburon

welcome to the site Bob, i just finished reading all the crap in your original thread. Besides the off-topic I think some people just weren't sure about your intent of being a member but its always good to bring more knowledge to the site. Its a really good crowd here and they help a lot even tho sometimes you gotta help yourself some first to get help.

At first glance of the third pic I thought, "is that a rebel"...anyways glad its not cause that would be pretty lame. It looks nice tho and really cleaned. My stepbrother actually turned one of those nighthawks into a pretty decent dragbike. It was pretty sweet until he wrecked it
Old 02-21-2008, 09:19 AM

Thanks. I've had the bike almost 10 years now and have to admit, I've really gotten lax in my cleaning. I used to detail it after every ride. But I was single then!

Did the pics come through OK? I'll try to add some more comprehensive stuff later on tonight. I really hate having dial-up. . .
Old 02-21-2008, 09:35 AM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon, 2004 Kia Sorento, 2010 Kia Soul

I've always been a big fan of the XD, saw some very nice ones in Korea. I had a rental HD while the sorento was in the shop, and really am considering buying one, but I'll probably wait for the Genisis Coupe, I love that car.

I've gotten to drive ABQElantra's 04 a few times, and it's always a decent ride, I wish he wasn't getting rid of it.
Old 02-21-2008, 09:48 AM

Vehicle: 05 Subaru WRX

Welcome to the site Bobzilla fing02.gif
Old 02-21-2008, 09:54 AM

Vehicle: 2000 tiburon

glad to see your finally over here now, hope ya stick around.
Old 02-21-2008, 11:29 AM

Vehicle: 2006 Hyundai Sonata GL V6

Welcome to the site! The pictures came through fine.
Old 02-21-2008, 11:40 AM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (optimoprime @ Feb 21 2008, 11:54 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>glad to see your finally over here now, hope ya stick around.</div>

Yes I am round. . . but I'm working on that!
Old 02-21-2008, 11:48 AM

Vehicle: 2004 Volkswagen Jetta GLI

welcome to the site
Old 02-21-2008, 12:24 PM

Vehicle: 2008/Hyundai/Tiburon gt

welcome