Introduction Welcome To Hyundai Aftermarket! We are the worlds #1 most active and Premier Hyundai Forum and Website for Tiburon, Genesis, Veloster, Accent, Elantra, Santa Fe, Tucson, Equus, and Sonata owners! Post in here under the thread that was automatically created for you, and tell us a little about yourself!

Just Posting Because I Have To

Old 01-23-2006, 02:37 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2004 Lincoln Aviator

Hey and while Im at it...has anyone else ever blown their Idle air control because of their intake. just curious. I havnt been able to prove one way or the other. Im guessing its because of all the other electrical probs I have...but I guess i'm not supposed to discuss that legally, due to the law suit and all
Old 01-23-2006, 02:40 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon, 2004 Kia Sorento, 2010 Kia Soul

Huh?

Welcome back to the site, but what's the problem?
Old 01-23-2006, 02:48 PM

Vehicle: Elantra HD / 2007

Hi and welcome!

Post here some info about yourself and your car.

And post your problem in Performance Section. Please describe it better, what happened, what did you do recently... etc...
Old 01-23-2006, 03:49 PM

Vehicle: Hyundai Tiburon FX

what law suit? why wouldn't you be able to to discuss something illegaly? 02.gif
Old 01-23-2006, 04:12 PM

ok...I guess I was a little rude to just make a quick post so that I could post in a different forum topic.
My name is Mike and Its been about a year or so since I have posted. I kinda put my car on hold because I have a lawsuit pending on it, to answer the question above. Its just good practice not to discuss stuff on forums and with interested parties when you are involved in a lemon lawsuit. To keep it simple, i've had some electical issues with the car, things that I have brought up in the past on other forums. To clarify my statement, My idle air control ( its mounted on the top of the intake manifold) shorted out. the dealer said " Its probably due to the cold air intake", but he also made a hint that it has happened with other owners. Kinda like our headlight problem. So i was just curious if any other rd2 owners with intakes had ever had this happen. he suggested that it was from water being sucked in through the filter...but the car wasn't submerged, it was just raining out that day.

but back on topic...
I own a 2001 silver tiburon with the l4 package. I've only added an AEM intake and custom 2 1/4 exhaust. been through two sets of 17 inch wheels...Live in pottsholevania. I also have the cuda2 kit on my car. Evo and shark both use a pic of my car to advertise the kit. for anyone in pittsburgh, I took the pics up at west end overlook if you are wondering.

http://www.evofusionusa.com/TeamSR/Hyundai...-cuda2front.jpg

I have decided to go ahead and work on the car again. Im trying to catch up on a year of new product offerings. lots of forum reading...lol. trying to figure out which is the best turbo kit

also fighting myself over moding my tib or my elantra (2001 gls) its got the map sensor and easier to turbo apperently.

well thats my re-introduction. thanks for the "welcom back" hope to be more involved this time
Old 01-23-2006, 04:20 PM

Ahh, good to get the whole story.

To be honest, I've ever maybe heard of 2 or 3 of those idle air bypasses going bad, and NEVER from water. See, air only goes through it at idle. That's the only time there if vaccum in that hose. You'd have to have been idling at almost redline to suck up water into there. LOL

Seriously, that guy has no idea what he's talking about. Refer him to the Magnussen & Moss Act, he has to PROVE that your aftermarket part somehow caused that to happen.

PROOF.

Anyways, you could just get a replacement sensor, they are cheap. Matter of fact, plenty of folks on here would have a spare.
Old 01-23-2006, 04:27 PM

oh its long been paid for...180 bucks at the dealer I had it towed to. The cops told my wife they had to push it out of the way. gave her no choice! and in doing so cracked my cuda 2 rear bumper. but that was resolved, very plesantly by them I might add. They were really cool about it.

Hey redz, sorry to go off topic, but do you have a suggestion on a turbo kit. Ive read through so much stuff about speedoption, alpine, gude...ect. Just wanted to know if a veteran like you had a clear and to the point recommendation, including the upcoming flyryde kit. if you want to keep the post clean, a pm would be fine.

thanks for the info too.
Old 01-23-2006, 04:28 PM

Vehicle: Hyundai Tiburon FX

that explains a lot! i have never heard of that problem on these forums. is that the piece that is mounted with the manifold all the way next to the body? mine says bosch on it and my mechanic said it adjusts the idle automatically and i know there is a screw you can spin around to manually adjust idle. i'm not sure if that's the same thing you're referring to.

i have an AEM and there hasn't been a problem with it however, i do hear some electrical sounds coming from the bosch once in a while that i get worried about. i have 2.25' exhaust along with an AEM, threw my bypass valve in and found a liter of water clogged in the intake and filter because it dripped in through my vented hood. the car coughed for a while but after i took the bypass out and stopped water everything is as normal as ever.

to my knowlege, nobody here has ever had a problem with an idle control bursting or shorting because of an intake. you can discuss anything but you just have to watch what you say. you need backup and knowlege hence this is why you post it. nothing out of the oridnary in that. we need some more people to back you up on this one though, maybe some with experience. i'm just saying i've never heard of that problem here AEM or not.

PS--yeah i figure PA's got potholes, D.C.'s got more but probably not as piercing! congrats on the car, elantras are fast, light, but our cars are the sportier ones! good luck on the law suit. hope you win it. hyundai dealerships SUCK about sh*t like this.
Old 01-23-2006, 04:29 PM

Ehhh, the best to go, still for turbo, is doing a custom kit to your specs. Seriously, let the guys here know what you want to do with the car, what power goals you have, and they'll help custom design you a kit man.
Old 01-23-2006, 04:36 PM

thanks when tax time comes around ill do just that. I guess my biggest concern is ecu management. and I guess it wouldnt hurt to discuss the problem I have with the car.

from the first week I bought the car, I have had problems with the windsheild wipers, or at least related to.

They used to randomly fail, then after they replaced a module (after having the car three times) they worked fine....except for one thing.

when I have the wipers set to intermittent (spelling?) they "ding". to be percise, The accustic tone that the car makes to tell you the key is in the ignition. everytime the wipers swing, it makes that sound. It also occures with the use of the power window button...lol

but ill leave it at that