Introduction Welcome To Hyundai Aftermarket! We are the worlds #1 most active and Premier Hyundai Forum and Website for Tiburon, Genesis, Veloster, Accent, Elantra, Santa Fe, Tucson, Equus, and Sonata owners! Post in here under the thread that was automatically created for you, and tell us a little about yourself!

Il 97 Tib

Old 02-11-2006, 06:12 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 1997/Hyundai/Tiburon RD1

Just wanted to say hello to everyone. I'm sorta new again to the forum, used to post a lot a couple years ago when I believe Redz was in korea or something like that. I just moved back to IL after living in Tx for the past 5yrs. Spent 3yrs in TX, Ft. Hood in the military then last 2yrs in Bagdaddy Iraq, just got out of service last September so now back in my hometown.

I have or should I say had a 03 2.7 Tib but it was stolen just a few days ago so no longer have that one, it'll be missed.

Also have a 97 1.8 Tib. Engines blown but looking to get it back running in the next couple weeks. Will be looking for info on a 1.8L to 2.0L swap, any input will be much appreciated.

Guess a little car mods for the cars.

2003 Tib going for silver black and chrome look

AEM Cold Air Intake
Mussa Lambo Doors
Custom Exhaust w/ SSautochrome headers wrapped with summit racing header wrap
Edelbrock SDT muffler
Dynomax Hi-flow Cat
Custom piping that came out before rear tires
Chrome square camaro exhaust tips
Ark Front and Rear strut tower bars
Basic Floor Bar
Complete Debadging and rebadged with tuscani emblems
Interior brushed aluminum accents (dash kit, door handles, Vent rings, Speedo Rings, aluminum speedo overlay, chrome vent slips)
Mussa Carbon fiber vented hood w/CF hood pins
3D Chrome Taillights
Brushed Aluminum Gas cap
Chrome foglight rings
Aluminum Billet front grill
Chrome headlights w/ clear corners
Ark Short shifter

1997 Tib Was going for a green and white look but will be changing to carbon fiber and another color

Haven't worked on this car in 2yrs because I blew the engine, not since the other cars gone time to bring this one back to life. Please excuse me if I can't remember all the manufactures.

Fiberglass gorilla nostril hood (needs a new one though ripped off when forgot to bolt down front pins. What I get for being a little tipsy, recovered it but its all gashed up and spiderwebbed.
Erebuni bodykit
Sharkracing rear roof spoiler
Clear corners
Blue Neons inside and out
BSA 17in Silver w/chrome lip rims
Dualwing metal spoiler
Sharkracing 4-2-1 headers
Sharkracing Front strut tower bar
Sharkracing BBTB
Cold air intake
Racing seats w/ harnesses
Interior painted (silver) w/ CF vinyl overlay accents
Diamond plate floor mats
Diamond plate door sills
B&M Shortshifter
Stage 1 upgraded clutch
Battery Relocated to Trunk

Thats what I got for both cars, now ones stolen and the other needs a new engine. No luck huh!! Anyway puttng a new engine into the 97 tib and I want to do a swap as stated above. Looking to do it in the next few weeks so I have a ride again. Can't wait to get back into tuning the car, I actually liked more working on the 97 than the 03 and it will be nice to get it back running soon. After its running then I can put the rest of the parts that have been collecting dust on.

-Something just sitting here are
M3 Style CF mirrors w/led's
Momo steering wheel w/ mount
Rear strut tower bar
Unortho pulleys

-Will be looking for
CF or Fiberglass hoods, just somewhere to look only found one I like and its from flyryde honestly would like to get another gorilla nostril hood but in CF but I remember not many people liked that style hood.
Someone to take my rear roof spoiler and make a CF mold for me
Headlight Eyelines or eyelids
This will do for now

Well thank you for reading my long first intro post, got a little carried away on the typing. Can't wait to get started up again.

Sincerely,
H. Riddick
Old 02-11-2006, 06:29 PM

Vehicle: 2000 Elantra

welcome back

i thought you forgot the L in ill then i realized you ment illinois lmao.gif
Old 02-11-2006, 06:30 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

Welcome back! Got pics. Your ride sounds sweet.
Old 02-11-2006, 06:35 PM

Vehicle: 97 Tiburon

dude, that fvckin sucks that the GK got stolen!! are you optimistic about getting it back?

well, welcome to RDT

wavey.gif
Old 02-12-2006, 12:08 AM

I'll get some pic's up soon and for the optimistic for the car return not really, wish I could be but I'm already pretty bummed about the whole sit right now. Just trying to focus on getting the 97 tib up and running. The cops will keep up the search but the longer they can't find it the longer its gonna be stripped or jacked up. Even if I did get it back it would totally feel tainted. Just have to look forward and focus on what I do have. Thanks for the concern.
Old 02-12-2006, 02:58 AM

Vehicle: Elantra HD / 2007

welcome back!

sorry about your GK!
Old 02-12-2006, 10:26 AM

Vehicle: 97 Tiburon

although you lost a lot of money due to the parts you invested in it, i'm sure you may be *slightly* happy since now your car payments will be taken care of my insurance.

when i totaled my first tib, it was a blessing in disguise cuz i owed so much on it
Old 02-12-2006, 04:52 PM

Yeah spart, thats what is keeping me on the sain route right now. Now I can chill a little more and not have to worry so much on making a car payment. Now just to get the other one up and running.
Old 02-13-2006, 09:47 AM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon, 2004 Kia Sorento, 2010 Kia Soul

Welcome back to the site man, what was your old name?

Thanks for your service for our country brother.

BTW, what did you do in the Army?
Old 02-13-2006, 07:01 PM

Redz,

I have no idea what the old name was, I even had pics of the car somewhere on the net but I can't remember anymore. Being away from everything in Iraq for 2 yrs can really make you forget about a lot of things that you normally did and enjoyed back home. Thanks for the service gratitude, and I was a 12B Combat Engineer. You know all the explosives and such, to bad the only time I seen explosives and worked with it was in basic. Always did an infantrymans job, especially in Iraq, pretty much out jobs go hand and hand infantry learns some explosive stuff, 12B's learn patrolling and raids and such. Were you the guy that had the car in Fast and Furious 2?? Can't remember who exactly had their car in the movie.