Introduction Welcome To Hyundai Aftermarket! We are the worlds #1 most active and Premier Hyundai Forum and Website for Tiburon, Genesis, Veloster, Accent, Elantra, Santa Fe, Tucson, Equus, and Sonata owners! Post in here under the thread that was automatically created for you, and tell us a little about yourself!

Hey New Thermostat Change

Old 06-22-2006, 08:13 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey new member here i own a 2001 Tiburon and need to do a thermostat change anyone able to help me with this ?
Old 06-22-2006, 08:30 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon, 2004 Kia Sorento, 2010 Kia Soul

Sure.

Wow, not a lot to you eh?

Simply put, you take out the old one with a cool engine, and put the new one in.

New gaskets too most likely.
Old 06-22-2006, 08:45 PM

Vehicle: 1997/Hyundai/Tiburon RD1

I say hellllllllloooo, usually more people say whats up. Everyone must be playing GRAW with the new downloads..haha
Old 06-22-2006, 08:48 PM

oh sorry more about me ok well im 23 years old i have a silver 2001 tiburon i live in
Chatham Ontario umm i havent done many mods to my car yet i have removed the resonator and added a stereo and have put altezza tail lights in

anyways ran into my first problem my car was overheating and i was told it was the thermostat they sold me the part they didnt say anything about gaskets though also where is the thermostat located thanks
Old 06-22-2006, 08:54 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon, 2004 Kia Sorento, 2010 Kia Soul

Punctuation is your friend.

So is the search function.

I'd recommend you check out HMAService.com and you will get all the info you could ever want to know on how to do it. I'm not blowing you off, just showing you the best resource for your information.

The Thermostat is located on the drivers side of the engine. Looking at it from the front, there are 3 radiator hoses (RUBBER) that run fluid around your engine. The smallest one is a 90 degree bend at the front corner of the engine. The metal housing at the REAR of that houses your thermostat.

I'd lean more towards you just needing a fresh coolant exchange and a radiator flush.
Old 06-23-2006, 09:26 AM

Vehicle: 2004 Volkswagen Jetta GLI

welcome!
Old 06-23-2006, 09:41 AM

Vehicle: 2000 Elantra

welcome mang

since your new here ill help yas out

drain your radiator there is a little drain plug on the bottom of it i think on the passenger side of the car

on the side of the motor where the top radiator hose connects to the car there is 2 bolts remove those bolts

some fluid will drip so keep a bucket under the car

remove the thermostat install a new thermostat(get one from hyundai that way your sure its the right heat range)

install new gasket reinstall housing and fill up the fluid

a chemical flush wouldnt hurt so look for that also also buy a can of brake cleaner to clean up any mess you might have made
Old 06-24-2006, 09:32 AM
http://www.hyundaiaftermarket.org/images/vendor1.png

Vehicle: 01 Tiburon

welcome... welcome