Introduction Welcome To Hyundai Aftermarket! We are the worlds #1 most active and Premier Hyundai Forum and Website for Tiburon, Genesis, Veloster, Accent, Elantra, Santa Fe, Tucson, Equus, and Sonata owners! Post in here under the thread that was automatically created for you, and tell us a little about yourself!

Hey just just joined in

Old 04-08-2009, 09:34 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2206/Hyundai/Tiburon
Default Hey just just joined in

hey guys/gals just joined the site. I got an 06 se tiburon that im willing to frop about 6000 on so any ideas.
Thanks
Old 04-08-2009, 09:41 AM

Vehicle: 02 Hyundai Accent GS

Welcome to HA, Have you done any mods? Have a look around th site you may come across some ideas that fit your taste.
Old 04-08-2009, 09:45 AM
Administrator

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Vehicle: 2010 Genesis 2.0T

welcome.gif to the site!

For 6 grand, you can do ALOT! I guess the 1st question would be....do you want all show, or all go, or a combo of both?

Since its an 06, I assume its still in mind condition, so you wouldnt have to worry about re-painting the whole car if you got a body kit, unless you wanted to go with a different color. But a bodykit, with paint and install, will probably run you around 2 grand (depending on the kit and where you get it painted).

Then new rims & tires will run you between $700-1500 (depending on size, type, and tires you want with the package).

Suspension will run you about $400 for a good set of aftermarket springs and struts, then install will run about $150-200 if you have a shop do it.

An intake will run ya a couple hundred, an exhaust will run you between $150 (if a shop does a press bent exhaust) all the way up to about $1000 if you buy a mandrel bent cat back designed for the car specifically.

Theres alot of other little things as well such as under drive pulleys, intake manifold, throttle body, strut bars, sway bars, header(s), ignition, fuel, etc... Then theres the stereo stuff too, which you could go all out on.

If you want to strictly go for performance, then you can easily get a turbo or supercharger for under 6 grand and be pushing some big numbers.

It all really depends on what you want for the car. Best thing to do is sit down with paper, and just start strategizing what level you want to take the car to.

Theres pics of my car in the External Appearance forum, and in the Garage (the drop down at the top of the page), and I spent about $4000 on everything to bring my car to where it is today. But at the same time...I did everything myself as far as all the mods and exterior things go, so I saved A TON of money that way. If you have the experience and knowledge to install performance mods, or do paint & body....then you'll save a ton too. And with 6 grand....you could end up with one hell of a show winning go-fast ride on your hands.

Good luck with everything!
Old 04-08-2009, 06:15 PM
Administrator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Vehicle: Two Accents, Mini, Miata, Van, Outback, and a ZX-6

welcome.gif

Like Visionz said, if you know a bit about what direction you would like to go we can suggest some things. There are tons of things available for the GK Tiburon it just depends on what you want.
Old 04-08-2009, 09:28 PM

Vehicle: 2012 Veloster DCT w/ Tech

Welcome aboard.
Old 04-10-2009, 06:22 AM

Vehicle: 2002 Hyundai Accent GS

Welcome to the site. beercheers.gif
Old 04-12-2009, 09:39 PM

Vehicle: 2004 hyundai tiburon

cool.gif welcome.gif cool.gif