Introduction Welcome To Hyundai Aftermarket! We are the worlds #1 most active and Premier Hyundai Forum and Website for Tiburon, Genesis, Veloster, Accent, Elantra, Santa Fe, Tucson, Equus, and Sonata owners! Post in here under the thread that was automatically created for you, and tell us a little about yourself!

Hey Guys!

Old 03-12-2009, 07:50 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2003/Hyundai/Sonata V6 Delta

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(187sks @ Mar 12 2009, 11:06 PM) </div><div class='quotemain'>I would think a 2.0 clutch would work, just offhand. What flywheel are you using?

There are a lot of performance clutches available, but you will have to figure out what should work in your transmission and with the flywheel. My guess is that the clutch from a 2.0l Beta would work, but it's a lot of money to spend without being able to test it first.</div>

I am using the entire Sonata 2.0 setup including the flywheel....the initial torque of the 2.7 is so huge that the first two clutches broke their internals...(only the plate with the springs & friction material...cannot remember the name of the part offhand).

Even the Elantra diesel crdi clutch does not fit the plate is too large....the beta 2.0l was never sold here. Infact the 2.7L is the LARGEST engine sold here by Hyundai...this is a third world country...people are more concerned about getting MPG than anything else!
Old 03-12-2009, 10:58 PM
Administrator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Vehicle: Two Accents, Mini, Miata, Van, Outback, and a ZX-6

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(walkthetorque @ Mar 12 2009, 06:50 PM) </div><div class='quotemain'>I am using the entire Sonata 2.0 setup including the flywheel....the initial torque of the 2.7 is so huge that the first two clutches broke their internals...(only the plate with the springs & friction material...cannot remember the name of the part offhand).

Even the Elantra diesel crdi clutch does not fit the plate is too large....the beta 2.0l was never sold here. Infact the 2.7L is the LARGEST engine sold here by Hyundai...this is a third world country...people are more concerned about getting MPG than anything else!</div>
So do you by chance know if the 2.0l in the Sonata is a SIRIUS engine? I'm assuming it is since it's not a 2.0l Beta. If it's a SIRIUS engine your best bet might be to get a SPEC clutch, such as featured here.
Old 03-14-2009, 12:17 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2003/Hyundai/Sonata V6 Delta

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(187sks @ Mar 13 2009, 10:28 AM) </div><div class='quotemain'>So do you by chance know if the 2.0l in the Sonata is a SIRIUS engine? I'm assuming it is since it's not a 2.0l Beta. If it's a SIRIUS engine your best bet might be to get a SPEC clutch, such as featured here.</div>

Yup, the engine is Sirius 2.0L. Thanks for the site! It is great! What i am trying to do is to get a OEM V6 clutch with a rigid flywheel (Not dual mass) so that the clutch responds become more smooth. i am getting an Exedy clutch from australia. But this site is great! have bookmarked it!

Am currently in the process of adding an oil catch can (home made), strut tower brace aft & reverse sensor.