Introduction Welcome To Hyundai Aftermarket! We are the worlds #1 most active and Premier Hyundai Forum and Website for Tiburon, Genesis, Veloster, Accent, Elantra, Santa Fe, Tucson, Equus, and Sonata owners! Post in here under the thread that was automatically created for you, and tell us a little about yourself!

Hey

Old 05-21-2008, 09:39 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2001 Tiburon
Default Hey

Hey everyone, I'm Chris and I like to party! Lol, I'm a member already at RDTiburon and I own a 2000 Tiburon that has been smashed up a couple times. I'm actually bringing her back for her third life to see how she does. I came on here hoping that I would be able to learn more about the car and other Hyundai's. I found RDT to be an awesome sight with lots of info and I have realized that because I like the forums there so much I have probably missed a lot of info posted on here and the other Hyundai forums so I'm going to join some others that I haven't and start exploring this one.

My tib is in bad shape right now. I need to weld on a new core support so that will be my major project for the next month or so just cause I won't even get the new support for about a month. Once I do that I need to make some repairs to my Feilside kit and get it painted. Then at least she'll look good again.

My mods so far include: Racing Spark Wires, Front Strut Bar, Flex-a-lite slim fit high CFM fans, BSA Lightweight 17's, Feilside Kit, Headlight Halo's and Vent Halos, Interior Underseat lights, custom dask kit, custom DVD built into PAB (removed airbag cause it blew up), and an ebay CAI.

Mods to come this summer include: ebay Headers, 65mm BBTB, P & P Intake Manifold, 1.8 ECU upgrade, 1.8 cam swap, custom exhaust from headers back, lightweight battery, and a few other things if I can afford it all in one summer. I already have the headers on a shelf at home and the BBTB is about to be on its way in a few days.

This isn't my DD so I may even want to go supercharged or turbo one of these days. I've been researching as I can't help but think about it often. My DD is a 2006 Mazda 6i which is ok for now but basically blows so I will trade it in for a Genenis in a year or so.

Anyways I hope to learn even more here but I'm glad to be part of any Hyundai enthusiast based site! banana.gif
Old 05-21-2008, 10:47 AM

Vehicle: 1998/Hyundai/Tiburon

welcome, u will enjoy this site allot everyone here is very friendly and will try to help u out the best they can, do post pics of ur tib.
Old 05-21-2008, 10:48 AM
Administrator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Vehicle: Two Accents, Mini, Miata, Van, Outback, and a ZX-6

welcome.gif

Glad to have you, I've seen you over on RDT but I'm not on there a lot. You ought to post your Tib up in the garage.

If you have any questions we'll do our best to help you out!
Old 05-21-2008, 11:44 AM

As soon as I get this thing moving again, hopefully this weekend, I'll take new pics and put them in the Garage. For now I have no garage-worthy pics really. Give me a week or two on that but for you pic whores here the most recent before she was monkey punched by a big hitch...

Since these pictures I have added the headlight and vent haloz, the BSA lightweight rims and started some of the minor body work.

Anyways here is face smash #1 which happened from me driving blindly into the morning sun and hitting an SUV

And face smash #2 after a whole year to get it back to what you saw above and just about paint ready and someone backs into me with a big ass hitch on a big ass truck

I'll take some pics of her soon and update but I have much to do to this dirty girl before she can handle flash photography again

On another note though- Can anyone help me find pictures or a DIY for welding a new core support on the front of an RD tiburon. I'm searching and will keep it up but maybe some of you guys that have been here a long time may know exactly where to look.
Old 05-21-2008, 11:57 AM
Administrator

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Vehicle: 2010 Genesis 2.0T

Damn...that was one hell of an accident! Is that a Ground Dynamics kit? How did it fit, and whats that black thing where the hood meets the front bumper (drivers side) in the first pic?

I have an original Club GTR kit which is that exact front bumper (different sides and rear though). Its an original so it fit 100% perfect with no modification, but Ive heard the Ground Dynamic kits are a mold from CLub GTR and are not that bad.
Old 05-21-2008, 11:58 AM
Administrator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Vehicle: Two Accents, Mini, Miata, Van, Outback, and a ZX-6

Wow, that SUCKS!

Hope you get her put back together all pretty. She will be a looker then.
Old 05-21-2008, 12:17 PM

^^^she defly will man. It took me a year last time without paint but since I know what I'm doing and I'm going to do everything right the first time around I'm gonna save about 9 months. I figure about two months before she's painted.

Visionz- I think you and I were the only two in the US with a Club GTR front, oh wait no, Caj had one two but he smashed it up I think. Mine is not authentic like yours and his tho, I got mine from eBay so its the Ground Dynamics mold you were talking about. I had a body shop do the sides and rear originally and it all seemed like basic molding, the guy doing it was about as retarded as cerberal palsy victim drunk on whiskey and high off paint thinner. Both the sideskirts and rear bumper fit with no adjusments, except FG molding. The front however seemed a little more flimsy then my eBay bumper from allstarkits.com. It's fitment was ok but the inside of the headlight holes had to be sanded and same with the inside of the bumper where it lines up with the fender.

The hood I got never lined up perfect so I put a piece of thick weatherstripping in between the core support and the hood just to keep big SH*T from flying in. I eventually tried using the aerocatch hood pins to see if that would keep the hood down and it did help before it got buckled up.
Old 05-21-2008, 10:08 PM

Vehicle: 2012 Veloster DCT w/ Tech

Wow. Couple unfortunate incident's there huh? Glad to see a 3rd attempt in the works. That is supposed to be the time with the charm, right? Welcome aboard and good luck!