Introduction Welcome To Hyundai Aftermarket! We are the worlds #1 most active and Premier Hyundai Forum and Website for Tiburon, Genesis, Veloster, Accent, Elantra, Santa Fe, Tucson, Equus, and Sonata owners! Post in here under the thread that was automatically created for you, and tell us a little about yourself!

Hello

Old 12-02-2005, 06:35 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2000 Hyundai Tiburon

Hey folks DivaRacer2000 here. Just wanted to say that I am semi new. I found this site in Sport compact car magazine and got great reviews. I started to check out the sites and posted just a bit..but here is the story.

12-29-04 I had a wreck with my Tibby...please note I was only speeding at 25 mph. It was snowing here and I hit concrete barracades of a bridge before my exit going home from work at 4:45am. The only damage I had done to the Tibby was scatched my front bumper and a scratches to my passenger door. As I was waiting for the cops to come(I was on the shoulder of the highway) here comes a Suzuki Swift...BAM..into the right rear fender. So there we were I called 911 again and explained the whole situation. 20 mins went by and still no cops. So we both waited and waited. And BAM....a Mazda 626 took out the back end and pushed me into the concrete barracades. Called 911 pissed using fowl language because my Tibby was tore up. 45 mins later the cops come, ambulance(at this time I hit the steering wheel and whiplash my neck and shoulder and side temple).

Well the insurance agency totalled my car. They stated the frame was bent front and back like a backwards Z. I took off all of my aftermarket parts and parted with the Tibby! :(
With the money I got from the accident I bought a 93 honda civic si hatch. Nice car nice ride had alot of aftermarket parts(I got pics). 7 months go by and guess what?? The person that bought the Tibby got a hold of me. I conversed and he stated that the insurance should have not totalled it...the damage was not bad and he would have it on the road in 3 weeks then he stated he would offer me to buy the car back from him. I stated "H*LL Yeah". So I put my Civic for sale...got attached to it but oh well. I sold it in 3 weeks. Got the Tibby in my posession...and put back all of the aftermarket parts back on except for 2 parts that I had sold in the course of the 7 months with the Civic.

Needless to say who would of thought it was destiny to have my Tibby back! I am so happy! I luv my car.
Well guys I am back to stay!! I apologize for the long story but its all good.

Celinda
AKA
DivaRacer2000

:) :D
Old 12-02-2005, 06:40 AM

Vehicle: Elantra HD / 2007

Welcome to the site Celindra!
Nice to have you here fing02.gif

postpics.gif
Old 12-02-2005, 06:44 AM

Hey thanks!!! I am getting back in the swing of things....

fing02.gif
Old 12-02-2005, 06:52 AM

welcome! glad to see we are finally getting the name spread around.
Old 12-02-2005, 06:58 AM

That is right...I am glad we are finally recognized!! fing02.gif
Old 12-02-2005, 07:05 AM

Vehicle: 97 Tiburon

hey. i remember you. welcome back!

its awesome that not only you got a tiburon, but your OLD tiburon. i wish that same thing happened to me. 02.gif i miss my RD2 so much!!
Old 12-02-2005, 07:31 AM

That was an interesting story, looks like everything turned out for the best.
Old 12-02-2005, 10:20 AM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon, 2004 Kia Sorento, 2010 Kia Soul

I remember you, welcome back to the site.

Put up some pics!!!
Old 12-02-2005, 10:22 AM

Since your a girl.. they dont just mean pics of your car lol. we got leghumpers here. i mean tibchic posted and she got 5 pages haha any one else and its maybe 5 posts
Old 12-02-2005, 10:46 AM

Vehicle: N/A as in Not Applicable, not Naturally Aspirated

Diva!! You're back. dancing.gif

I thought the NW was screwed for sure when I left, Lane never posts, and JD actually has a life...
lmao.gif

and WHAT ever happened to that military dude in Spokane, WA with the white RD2 tiburon with the veilside kit and the LED digital display thing in his back window programmed to display whatever he wanted it to say. Good stuff, that car was like a cigarette pack high off the ground...so he alwasy said his car could never make it over to the pass for meets, and nobody from Seattle wants to drive over the pass to see one guy. =(

Oh well, I'm gone now, that doesn't matter. You are leaving too! =( Good luck with the move. I hope you are happy in your new home, and there are PLENTY of people with tiburons around the area you are moving to. fing02.gif

Best o' Luck.