Introduction Welcome To Hyundai Aftermarket! We are the worlds #1 most active and Premier Hyundai Forum and Website for Tiburon, Genesis, Veloster, Accent, Elantra, Santa Fe, Tucson, Equus, and Sonata owners! Post in here under the thread that was automatically created for you, and tell us a little about yourself!

Greetings All

Old 12-20-2006, 11:39 AM
http://www.hyundaiaftermarket.org/images/vendor1.png

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 01 Tiburon

having a black car with the type-r wing gives you already a good start.

really think about what you want with the car, your goals, etc before purchasing some parts. look for a way to see if the parts will be complimenting or compatible for another level. for example, if you could get a stage 2 or 3 clutch now, it will be a good match to your higher hp/tq car in the future
Old 12-20-2006, 11:59 AM

yea but he should sell that wing to me... i'd give em mine
Old 12-20-2006, 12:02 PM
Banned

welcome to the forums.. i wish i coulda picked up a black rd2 when i got my car, i will prob. eventually paint mine.

but as far as mods go, before you buy anything performance, search, or post and ask us, most of us know what things are waste of $$,and whats best bang for the buck.

enjoy your stay.
Old 12-20-2006, 12:17 PM

Vehicle: 2000 Hyundai Tiburon

Thanks for the tips.

I just placed an order for a FX400 (6-puck) Clutchmasters, and a (7.5lbs) Aluminium Fidanza Flywheel (got 10% off both).
Im having trouble finding a good shop that will not charge me C$400+ to install it...

I will definately post, for future upgrades. I am actually getting a AEM CAI (blue) next, it was price matched for $US200.00. +by-pass valve, and I have heard you can cheat and get the INjen Hydro Shield for the Filter, Is this true?
Im more than sure I can and will install the CAI myself.

Any more ideas?

I was thinking next of an ARK front sturt bar.

I have another C$200 to play with.

Shad
Old 12-20-2006, 12:18 PM

Welcome man! First off i would do something about those nasty looking battery posts
Old 12-20-2006, 12:28 PM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (guido @ Dec 20 2006, 02:18 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Welcome man! First off i would do something about those nasty looking battery posts</div>

The pictures are from the summer.

My Battery was replaced. Ill post updates soon.
Old 12-20-2006, 12:47 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

looks nice man. i wish we had the tibs here like canada did. besides the obvious nicer spoiler, i really like those wheels. even stock tiburons look good
Old 12-20-2006, 01:53 PM
Administrator

Vehicle: ǝdnoɔ sısǝuǝƃ

FYI: U.S. Tibs have a different spoiler

I'd go for a strut bar OR headers OR exhaust

You should determine first whether you'd prefer to go for performance or looks.

I'd suggest performance, THEN maybe some cosmetics.

Give us an idea of your situation... are you a high school kid with the ability to generate plenty of cash for your car because you have no bills?

Are you recently married and this is the last $200 you'll be able to buy for a year or two?

Do you want to buy a body kit, wheels, or window tint? Or would you prefer Intake, Headers, Exhaust, and Suspension upgrades first?
Old 12-20-2006, 02:08 PM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (majiktib @ Dec 20 2006, 03:53 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>FYI: U.S. Tibs have a different spoiler

I'd go for a strut bar OR headers OR exhaust

You should determine first whether you'd prefer to go for performance or looks.

I'd suggest performance, THEN maybe some cosmetics.

Give us an idea of your situation... are you a high school kid with the ability to generate plenty of cash for your car because you have no bills?

Are you recently married and this is the last $200 you'll be able to buy for a year or two?

Do you want to buy a body kit, wheels, or window tint? Or would you prefer Intake, Headers, Exhaust, and Suspension upgrades first?</div>

hahahaha, i like those situations, unfortunately none apply. lmao.gif

Also Ill post up better pictures today as soon as my camera gets home. My windows are tinted, Im pretty happy the way it looks right now. If I was going for looks first thing id go for would be rims.

Anyways, here it is;
I am a University student, so as far as cash goes...and i have many bills.... I have a part time job, that dishes out very little to spend, so basically applying the above situations to make it more interesting, im like a married guy (not really!), that rarely gets money to spend (true), but I usually dont have to wait one or two years (definately)... wink1.gif

As far as upgrades go im right on with ya, I prefer Performance over Cosmetics. Basically, If i got the looks its cool, but when I dont have the power to back it up... owned.gif

Also I must point out, when it comes to the core pieces and upgrade components of the car, I am not very knowledgable, but I am a quick learner, so please dont be offended or thrown back by my newbie questions that I will most liekly be asking.
Hope this helps.
Old 12-20-2006, 02:38 PM
http://www.hyundaiaftermarket.org/images/vendor1.png

Vehicle: 01 Tiburon

Shad,

I know you're new (have you read our site rules and regulations yet) and i'm gonna say this now before a moderator does... please don't qoute the post above yours!!! use the ADD REPLY near the very bottom of the page and if you are pertaining to the last post use ^^^

also, use the search function.. it will help you out a lot and don't forget the DIY threads that we have

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Shad @ Dec 20 2006, 02:17 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>I just placed an order for a FX400 (6-puck) Clutchmasters, and a (7.5lbs) Aluminium Fidanza Flywheel (got 10% off both).
Im having trouble finding a good shop that will not charge me C$400+ to install it...</div>

yep, that's just how it is... labour is not cheap unless you are very good friends with a mechanic or simply just installing it yourself