Introduction Welcome To Hyundai Aftermarket! We are the worlds #1 most active and Premier Hyundai Forum and Website for Tiburon, Genesis, Veloster, Accent, Elantra, Santa Fe, Tucson, Equus, and Sonata owners! Post in here under the thread that was automatically created for you, and tell us a little about yourself!

FX model vs SE model

Old 10-09-2004, 05:59 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Funny Dog

Hey GUys,

Just have a small question. I own a 99 tiburon se, i really have no idea what is different between that and a 99 tiburon fx. I was wondering if anyone could shed some ligt for me? (just wondering cuz i got in a big car accident and had my car fixed up and the dealership put a fx badge on the back of my car rather then an se).

Thanks,
Nav
Old 10-09-2004, 06:39 PM

Default Re: safc needed?

i know one difference is that the FX has rear disc brakes instead of drums..
Old 10-09-2004, 06:45 PM

Default Re: Results from 10-08 from capitol! MUST READ!

differant motors i think? 1.8 and 2.0? idk.......someone will jump on this.
Old 10-09-2004, 06:56 PM

Default Re: FX model vs SE model

^^ i think that is true with the 98 however i believe all 99's were 2.0's
Old 10-09-2004, 07:11 PM

Vehicle: 2004 Acura TL
Default Re: Funny Dog

Yup 98 FX's came with 1.8's and 99 and up all came with 2.0's

I was stated somewhere here or at IS. Depends on where you are in the world to. Some countries got a 1.6 I think. Sorry didn't pay attention to the location.
Old 10-09-2004, 07:43 PM

Default Re: How is this possible?

Looks like there's no major differences between the two.
Old 10-09-2004, 07:58 PM

Default Re: 2004 ABQ BBQ - Who's Coming? (ABQ = Albuquerque New Mexi

Thanks for the replies guys. my se has a 2.0 engine, and disc brakes as well. so i can't really see any differences, i will let the badging mistake by them slide i guess tongue.gif. I was only gonna complain if it might affect the resell value somehow (ie. if people would pay more for an se).
Old 10-09-2004, 08:59 PM

Vehicle: Hyundai Tiburon FX
Default Re: Grill meshing

any FX is a 2.0 engine. england and some others have 1.6, 1.8, and 2.0. check your vin number on www.carfax.com and maybe you can see what engine you have.

i don't believe there are any FX's with 1.8L's.

also, the FX's have more options available to them standard. they all come with spoilers,2.0L's, and rear disc brakes... i don't know what else? i think that's about it. no real difference except those three...
Old 10-09-2004, 09:21 PM

Default Re: Grill meshing

If anything, your insurance might be tad cheaper because of the SE. My car is a 2000 and is listed as an FX through my insurace company computer even though they stopped making them that year.
Old 10-09-2004, 09:29 PM

Default Re: FS: Custom COLORED Shift Boots!

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (CyberShark)</div><div class='quotemain'>If anything, your insurance might be tad cheaper because of the SE. My car is a 2000 and is listed as an FX through my insurace company computer even though they stopped making them that year.</div>

for my insurance mines listed as an fx as well. I told the insurance company that mine was an SE but they said it was 'close enough'.

Just to blab about my accident...
You know, the tiburon can really take hits harder then i thought it could. I had $8000 of damage on my car, but my car was relatively well off (i was able to drive away after i was rear ended). Ended up having my car sandwiched between some nissan rust bucket and a brand new lancer. Lancer hit me at like 70 and had to be towed away, but managed to push my car into the car in front of me. Other then the trunk buckling a bit (it still looked okay if you eyeballed it), and the quarter panels, bumper, being banged up, it looked pretty good. (well the front hood was damaged, all the emblems had been knocked off, etc as well). Lights all stayed intact as well (even though above, below, to the sides there was damage to the bumper/etc). Pretty tough cars if you ask me.