Introduction Welcome To Hyundai Aftermarket! We are the worlds #1 most active and Premier Hyundai Forum and Website for Tiburon, Genesis, Veloster, Accent, Elantra, Santa Fe, Tucson, Equus, and Sonata owners! Post in here under the thread that was automatically created for you, and tell us a little about yourself!

Cudajoe

Old 04-22-2007, 10:38 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hello,

My online name is CudaJoe. I've been around in the hyudai tuning era for quite sometime now. The last cool Tiburon forum that I was apart of that didnt dare seperate the newtibs from the old ones was www.teamsr.org when they had a forum up and running. Must have been about 4-5 years since that went down. Anyways my name is "CudaJoe". I got one of the original 500 Cuda body kits back in 2001 or 2002, (can't remember) for a devestating price of 1500$ lol. Now there's tons of these kits for 750$, boy was I stupid then. My next mod was a Magnaflow dual exhaust setup to fill in both exhaust ports on the rear bumper, that was a neat mod. I bought one of the first SR CAI's, in fact it might have been the prototype spawns. It's a new buy except for the fact that the factory vacuum hoses were's long enough for the spot weld metal tube things that were on the elbow piece. Also it came in red only, which is gross. I just got done yesterday actually making that intake fit right, repainted in black and actually cut a hole in my firewall for the filter to hang partially out in front of my driverside front tire. hopefully it wont rain until thursday so I can get a AEM bypass filter. I also cut 4" off that pipe so the filter doesnt hang to low below the car, lol. I have a H&R Cup kit that lowers the front 2" and the back 1.75". I had two RF Punch z's in the back with a nice box and a 600watt amp. Then my rear struts blew 02.gif There not terrible, but it would be nice to learn how get them refilled. Also had to saw off the rear sway bar to get the struts on, havent gotten the H&R rear sway bar yet but am planning on it. I purchased the SR lightweight water/ power/ underdrive crank pulley kit when they used to still sell that. Besides the fact that each pulley was a different color, lol, it was a great upgrade! I believe the last upgrade I have is the VIS vader style hood.

CURRENTLY working on getting my OBX 4-2-1 headers on. Having a really hard time getting the rusted bolts off the stock down pipe 02.gif Any Ideas on that? Also I am looking for new foglight rings for my cuda bodykit. Im really hoping this site will give me insight on where to find these products.
Old 04-22-2007, 10:55 PM

Welcome, and well you wont find the Cuda fog rings anymore since they dont make those rings anymore, neither the muffler rings.

To take off the rusted bolts well some WD40 and air wrench would work i believe.

Welcome again and enjoy your stay.
Old 04-22-2007, 10:56 PM

Hey you know what? I should probably introduce myself in my introduction, lol. My real name's Joe. I'm 22, I go to UMBC right near Baltimore, maryland. I live in Bel AIr/ edgewood/ Abingdon area when not at school. That looks like all the important stuff.
Old 04-22-2007, 11:08 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon, 2004 Kia Sorento, 2010 Kia Soul

Heh, I think I remember you from back then. Trust me, it's a GOOD thing that the forums split up like they did, it turned into chaos.

The V6 shit just doesn't apply to us, and most of the other parts of the car, no similarities, so why waste time sifting through BS you don't need to?

BTW, Team SR was NEVER cool. LOL TeamSR split their forums into official "Sales" forums, that sucked ass, and Hyundaiaftermarket.com run by Random. Random never updated the site, at ALL, never replaced moderators that were never around, and folks moved on because they were tired of looking through information that didn't apply.

Welcome to the site anyways bro, How did you find us?
Old 04-22-2007, 11:15 PM

lol, yeah I guess your right. TeamSR was never cool but the fact that at the time it was the only hyundai forum. lol. To be honest, I found newtiburon.com first which obviously didnt apply to me except that I wanted a new tiburon... The good folks over at Newtib.com told me about this site. I said to myself Oh Gee, why didnt I think about searching that on google? and poof there you guys were. Yes Redz I think I remember you and Random didnt do anything ever, lol. He was the guy with a white Ixion Tib with a Alpine Turbo setup. Wonder what happened to that guy? Anyways yeah, I wish I found this site like 5 years ago. I hadnt done much to car since then, just lowered it put a new hood on it, fixed that shitty SR intake (customized it to my liking) and am currently trying the headers thing. Seem like investing in a turbo would have been better. same amount of work and more horses, lol.
Old 04-22-2007, 11:17 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon, 2004 Kia Sorento, 2010 Kia Soul

We've been around for about 4 years, and I tell you, it's been fun. We've revived a "Dead" platform in many ways, and we have a ton of parts that are new and coming out.
Old 04-22-2007, 11:22 PM

Vehicle: 2004 Volkswagen Jetta GLI

welcome
Old 04-22-2007, 11:23 PM

Question:

Why does it say stock above my RD active Member icon on the right?
Old 04-22-2007, 11:34 PM

That's just a rating system that changes depending on the number of posts you have...

Welcome to the site BTW fing02.gif
Old 04-23-2007, 12:59 AM

hello