Introduction Welcome To Hyundai Aftermarket! We are the worlds #1 most active and Premier Hyundai Forum and Website for Tiburon, Genesis, Veloster, Accent, Elantra, Santa Fe, Tucson, Equus, and Sonata owners! Post in here under the thread that was automatically created for you, and tell us a little about yourself!

Cold Air Intake (2001 AT)

Old 06-30-2004, 03:33 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ok, moving on now, would like to throw in a CAI setup. I have looked around on ebay and found them from $20 all the way to $200. What makes one different from the other? What things should I be looking for when I purchase a set? Some are listed as being for manual trans only while others say all 4cyl tiburon engines and some don't really say at all...I will be installing this on a tib with an automatic.

Suggestions? Comments?

Thanks,
-Rendition
Old 06-30-2004, 03:40 PM

Default Cold Air Intake (2001 AT)

Ebay ones are generally 2 piece CAI,, while the good ones are one piece. If you want a good brand go with AEM or K&N. Ebay ones will work, however if you are going for show or even want optimal performance then go with the above mentioned CAI. ALso i think there has been a topic similar to this before. (side note) PM me later i have somethin to ask ya
Old 06-30-2004, 03:49 PM

I noticed in your other posts that you are only looking for sound. If this is your goal, go with the cheap intake. I personaly would spend the extra money for the AEM, but that is for performance and show reasons. There are other posts on this. Read the general performance forum.

As far as AT and MT go, I do not believe that there is a difference. I have never heard of that before.
Old 06-30-2004, 04:25 PM

yea ive heard that headers are different depending on what tranny you have (ie: 4-2-1, 4-1) but not CAI's.
Old 06-30-2004, 04:56 PM

hahaha dude... OLD POST.... the header thing has been discussed... but fyi... there is no true difference... you can use both on either tranny... it is just said that the 4-1 is better on manuals because of its better performance in the high rpm range... as the 4-2-1 has performance through the whole band.

Back on topic... it all depends on what you want dude...... if you actually want to raise open the hood and show off your stuff you may wanna go with a name brand. but if you want the cool sound and dont care too much about performance or looks... go with a cheap ebay intake. its all up to you man
Old 06-30-2004, 05:05 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon, 2004 Kia Sorento, 2010 Kia Soul

Actually my man, if you will, please do a search we had a LONG ass thread about it awhile back that will answer every single question you could possibly have. Trust me, I went CRAZY in that post mang.
Old 06-30-2004, 05:08 PM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>I went CRAZY in that post mang.</div>

quoting the REDZ..... dont listen to him... he goes crazy in every post... just check around dood... you will find damn near every answer to every question you can think of on these cars if you just hit the search button.