Introduction Welcome To Hyundai Aftermarket! We are the worlds #1 most active and Premier Hyundai Forum and Website for Tiburon, Genesis, Veloster, Accent, Elantra, Santa Fe, Tucson, Equus, and Sonata owners! Post in here under the thread that was automatically created for you, and tell us a little about yourself!

Boost question...

Old 10-08-2004, 10:10 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Wondering about haloz.biz

ok im planning on getting a turbo kit for my car. im kinda confused though. for instance the extreme turbo kit from speed-factor.com. If the kit is installed and i do not have the boost control on the turbo is still working right? i mean do you always keep the boost control on or no? Because i know its used to adjust your psi but if its set say like at 8psi and i turn the boost controller off the turbo is still running a set psi right?
Old 10-09-2004, 09:47 PM

Vehicle: 2004 Acura TL
Default Re: FS: My Car! 1998 Tiburon SE - 6800 US or 8500 CAD

I don't think you want to change it too frequently because you'll have to change you fuel management and timing along with it. I believe you leave it at one set PSI and tune from there. Tim's kits (Speed-Factor) come with adjustable wastegates which act the same as a boost controller only you can't do it from inside the car. It regulates the pressure that the turbo produces.

To answer you're question, YES you are always on boost. Whether or not you create it is another thing. If you drive normally you will be running boost but not using it and there is a big difference. If you're constantly stomping on it and running from stop-light to stop-light, you're going to be using the boost and thus using more gas. More Air Flow = More Gas Use.

Hopefully this answers some questions, if you want take a look at the Power Adders threads to see what's going on. There is a lot of info there.
Old 10-09-2004, 11:29 PM

Default Re: FS: Custom COLORED Shift Boots!

i've been looking around thanks thats all i really needed to know, by christmas hopfully i'll have my turbo. Just trying to figure out how much work they are and things like that.
Old 10-09-2004, 11:30 PM

Vehicle: 2004 Acura TL
Default Re: Insomniac Thread

Good you're going about it right, keep it up and keep us all posted EH?
Old 10-09-2004, 11:37 PM

Default turbo maintenance???

yea i'll keep you all posted im just trying to find out as much about turbos as i can because i plan to have one in my car by christmas. i dont know that much so im learning now lol.
Old 10-10-2004, 10:14 AM

Vehicle: 2001/Hyundai/Tiburon
Default Re: LED blued out a/c controls RD1

Maximum Boost by Corky Bell.

get it, read it, learn it, and thats 99% of what you need to know about turbos.

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/083...8935851-4146338