Introduction Welcome To Hyundai Aftermarket! We are the worlds #1 most active and Premier Hyundai Forum and Website for Tiburon, Genesis, Veloster, Accent, Elantra, Santa Fe, Tucson, Equus, and Sonata owners! Post in here under the thread that was automatically created for you, and tell us a little about yourself!

Audio question

Old 10-04-2004, 09:43 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Sputtering @ Low RPMs

Hey everyone I just joined this forum because i just got me a 2000 Burgundy Tiburon. I am sure i will have a lot of questions in the future but for now i would like to know how the factory speakers are in this car? I have a kenwood exceleon head unit and 2 12' audiobahn subs with a bazooka amp. i would just like to know if the factory speakers would be ok or should i just go ahead a replace them.
Old 10-04-2004, 09:49 AM

Default Audio question

Well compared to aftermarket speakers STOCK SUCK.

now how well they sound TO YOU is whats most important. How hard they have been driven in the past will also make a difference.

A good set of aftermarket speakers (even run off the stock HU) will always sound a ton better than stock.

So at this point, put your subs in and see if you like the way the car sounds, if it sounds ok to you, dont waste the money (buy performance parts instead)

BTW you have a VERY rare color. I've only seen one other burgundy tib. Its a bueatiful color,I love the "flakes" they put in it.
Old 10-04-2004, 10:21 AM

Default Re: Light Turbo on stock fuel supply?

Yeah,alot of it will depend on your taste and the way you like to listen to music.I can't really explain to you how the factory speakers in the Tib sounds,cause I ditched mine almost as soon as I bought the car 2.5 years ago.I'm an audiophile,so my opinions are based on what is 'technically correct' for car stereo.

There are several things you can do that will make BIG improvements in the sound.If you wanted to keep the factory speakers,then I'd say go with the most expensive head unit you can afford.The hu is where it all starts with the sound.If the hu isn't very good, then it won't matter nada how good the speakers and other equipment is.