Introduction Welcome To Hyundai Aftermarket! We are the worlds #1 most active and Premier Hyundai Forum and Website for Tiburon, Genesis, Veloster, Accent, Elantra, Santa Fe, Tucson, Equus, and Sonata owners! Post in here under the thread that was automatically created for you, and tell us a little about yourself!

Another new guy...

Old 11-28-2009, 06:13 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2002 honda crv
Default Another new guy...

I subscribe to many rss feeds and email notices for automotive news, so I was bound to find this site eventually. Glad I did. I am from Michigan, near MSU, am married with a 12 year old boy who is a computer geek, and have lots of dogs and cats(kill me now).

Last spring, I started looking around for a future car. I have owned an early Mustang GT convertible, and had my eye on the new Camaro. My wife wanted a new car when the cash for clunkers deal came around, and we looked at a Cobalt. Being from Michigan, it seemed like the right thing to do, even though we didn't love the car. The deal almost went through, but we were very uncomfortable with the way we were treated by the local Chevy dealer. (will share that story sometime) I called the local Hyundai place, and they had us in new Accent in about 3 hours. They were awesome to work with, gave us what we wanted, and my wife LOVES her new car.

While we were there, I saw a Genesis Coupe on the lot. It looked interesting, so when I got home, I started researching. I am now hooked. Following the constant reviews, the updates, and aftermarket ideas just over the past several months have kept me busy. I am hoping that I fit into this forum, and get lots of ideas as I get closer to getting a car.

Again, glad to be here and look forward to the discussions.

Rob
Old 11-28-2009, 06:19 PM

Vehicle: Hyundai Tiburon FX

hello rob! mustangs are cool. i have a buddy that owned a 1964. i never got to fool around with it but i did get to do my first doughnuts in his '84 5.0 convertible. power-wise i don't see how it wasn't any different from a supercar. that thing hauled!

i too was interested in the gen coupe but for some reason i've decided to keep my car for as long as possible and when i get some money i will buy a 1993 Viper RT/10 to fulfull my passions. maybe keep her for weekend drives.

welcome to our scene, and i wish you many thousand trouble-free miles.
Old 11-28-2009, 06:20 PM

Vehicle: 2013 Subaru Legacy 2.5l Limited

Welcome Rob!

Another new hyundai fan! Wahoo! The Gen Coupes are sweet. I almost brought one myself. I think the green one is the best. What color do you like on the gen coupe?

My mom originally wanted me to get a cobolt as well. i am glad i didnt. my chevy dealership was rude as well.

Once again Welcome~! banana.gif
Old 11-29-2009, 12:37 AM

Vehicle: 2016 Tucson Sport AWD

welcome to the site
Old 11-29-2009, 01:13 AM

Vehicle: 2004 Hyundai Accent 1.6T

Hey man welcome...yes another Mustang lover here, born and raised... my first car was a 70' Coupe my dad owns 2 69' coupes a 69' Mach 1 and a 2007 GT 500 Super Snake 725....so yes it's in the blood...lol
Old 11-29-2009, 06:43 AM

Vehicle: SRT4/Neon SOHC

Welcome sir, the accent was a good choice.
Old 11-29-2009, 11:19 AM
Administrator

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Vehicle: 2010 Genesis 2.0T

welcome2.gif to the site!

TONS of Accent owners here, so you'll fit in perfectly! The Gen Coupes are great cars! I plan on picking one up in the early spring, when all the snow is melted. *lol*

Feel free to join in on any discussions anywhere. We're a really great group of people here. smile.gif
Old 11-29-2009, 08:18 PM
Administrator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Vehicle: Two Accents, Mini, Miata, Van, Outback, and a ZX-6

welcome.gif Rob!

I think you'll continue to enjoy your Accent as it gives you years of dependable service.

One day I will get a Genesis Coupe also. I would have jumped on one already except for an unanticipated layoff.
Old 11-30-2009, 06:26 PM

Vehicle: 2002 honda crv

Hello all, thanks for the nice welcomel

Has anyone noted the news today of the 2011 Mustang coming out in March? V6, 300+hp nice. But......I have a strong feeling that the price will be higher when priced with comparably equipped GC's. I love the way Hyundai puts cars in packages. You know what you are paying for. I am also sure that the warranty will be about half of what the Hyundai is. Can't wait for details.

Old 11-30-2009, 11:24 PM
Administrator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Vehicle: Two Accents, Mini, Miata, Van, Outback, and a ZX-6

Yeah I saw that. Pretty good base power. I think Hyundai will go with DI on the 2.0l Gen Coupe and maybe the 3.8l also, but probably not until 2012 or 2013.

The Mustang needs EcoBoost.