Introduction Welcome To Hyundai Aftermarket! We are the worlds #1 most active and Premier Hyundai Forum and Website for Tiburon, Genesis, Veloster, Accent, Elantra, Santa Fe, Tucson, Equus, and Sonata owners! Post in here under the thread that was automatically created for you, and tell us a little about yourself!

Alarm System

Old 01-11-2005, 11:07 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Alarm System

Out of nowhere, I am having problems with my alarm system. It just keeps going off and my key fob wont turn it off. For now, I took out the siren and located a push button for the alarm that allows me to disable it temporarily by pressing and holding the button while turning the ignition on.

I purchased the car used with 12k miles on it, a 2001 Tiburon (auto, sorry) and the alarm was already installed. I have no manuals or documents for the alarm of any kind and only 1 key fob. The small alarm system box was located behind the dash (not to bad to get to with out removing anything, not sure about working on it tho). It says 'Chapman Vehicle Security' on it. It has 4 plugs, two 4-pin plugs labeled 'Sensor 1' and 'Sensor 2' (only 1 is used), one, 22-pin atx style plug (pin layout is on the back ok module), and one 2-pin plug labled 'Starter'.

A quick google search didn't give me any hits for 'Chapmen security', well at least not any useable ones. If anyone can provide me with ANY help on this, I would appreciate it.

I do realize this site focuses on performance and other enhancements, and while the only thing I did was rip out the resonator/air duct for that increased throttle response, I figured you guys, who frequently tear you cars apart, know the car inside and out
Old 01-11-2005, 01:09 PM

I have never heard of that Alarm Company
I say rip it out and get a real Alarm
http://www.compustar.org/intro.html (also a Remote starter if you want)
Old 01-11-2005, 05:06 PM

Compustar is very good.

I have the Viper 791XV w/ remote start.
Very good as well.

pricy , .. but worth it.
Old 01-11-2005, 05:46 PM

what does the remote say on it? does it give a name? I have to possibilites for you. Either the battery is going dead or the remote is screwing up.
Old 01-11-2005, 06:04 PM

The remote has no names on it, only battery specs. I have tried changing the battery and still nothing. 3 buttons on the remote, 'Arm', 'Disarm/Trunk', and 'Panic'. Also the remote takes a 12v battery, replacement number 23A. Sounds like a bit much too, most remotes I have seen use a 3v, disc type.
Old 01-12-2005, 08:31 AM

the easiest thing would probally be to replace the entire unit. I've never heard of the company. I've done some looking. I think it was made by code alarm. but i can't find anything about what you have. do you have a model number or anything.
Old 01-13-2005, 01:12 PM

I will check into Code Alarm and see if I can't find anything. Can't rip it out again at the moment, time constraints.

But just in case, can anyone give me a ballpark figure on an installation?....your basic $100-$150 alarm system.
Old 01-13-2005, 03:32 PM

you looking 50-100 for the alarm and 25-75 for any extra options you would like installed.
Old 01-15-2005, 11:20 PM

Well, following the lead about Code-Alarm in the reply by Solo-Baric, I managed to find a manual for a system that was close but not exact. As it turns out, somehow the remote lost its programing. (they say its not supposed to, even when changing a battery) Either way, found instructions for removing lost/stolen remotes (which I did just because there is prolly one floating around somewhere since I only received one) and how to reprogram them. It was a success! smile.gif

Thanks Solo-Baric!
Old 01-23-2005, 03:14 AM

This topic is old, but hey, I don't care.

I work at Best Buy, so this $370 Viper system (with auto start) comes down to $120 with my employee discount (that also includes installation). There's another $150 worth of parts to install for the auto start, but I'm not sure if that's with or without my discount. Regardless, for my Tib, it will cost me $240 in total (again, unsure of the extra part cost) and $270 for my mom's 02 Z28 SS Camaro. Not too shabby, and it's an excellent system. I know Viper is so very reliable and if you're really having problems with your current alarm system, you might want to change it over.