Introduction Welcome To Hyundai Aftermarket! We are the worlds #1 most active and Premier Hyundai Forum and Website for Tiburon, Genesis, Veloster, Accent, Elantra, Santa Fe, Tucson, Equus, and Sonata owners! Post in here under the thread that was automatically created for you, and tell us a little about yourself!

98 Turbo Tiburon

Old 11-27-2006, 09:02 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2000 tiburon

uh welcome man, nice pics. hope to see more of ya
Old 11-27-2006, 11:30 AM
http://www.hyundaiaftermarket.org/images/vendor1.png

Vehicle: 01 Tiburon

welcome to the site!!!

nice to see another boosted tib around here... when you're fully done with your setup you should:

add your car pics and list your setup here:
boosted cars on this site thread

add in your hp here:
horsepower wars thread

and your drag racing ET's here:
who's the fastest? thread
Old 11-27-2006, 12:12 PM

Vehicle: 1997 Tiburon

Alex brings up some good points.
Old 11-27-2006, 12:38 PM

yes its an obx exhaust manifold and i wish that manifold upon nobody.. too many problems...

i bought my tiburon stock... pulled the motor out a year later myself, put in the pistons and rods and such, put it back together and into my car, i started up my car: it ran, and i had a local performance shop mount the turbo, install the apexi, make intake and exhaust, and dyno it

i do know which part of the turbo is which.. maybe you / i got confused with the masterpiece of my intake setup... im not a dumbass, but i have yet to read my comments in the intake setup thread...

i have to do 3rd gear pulls becuase i get no traqction, at 3rd gear about 3 to 4 grand i race my buddys srt4 from and i pull a few cars ahead.. maybe "smoking" him isnt hte word but i pull very hard and length ahead... i dont think his car is 2600 lbs.. i thought those cars where alot heavier
Old 11-27-2006, 01:25 PM

Vehicle: 2001/Hyundai/Tiburon

hold on.

you did a complete tear down of an engine and installed pistons and rods and yet you had a performance shop mount your turbo?

why?
Old 11-27-2006, 02:27 PM

Vehicle: Turbocharged 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

/\ Thats what i was wondering, and wouldnt really make it "fully built myself" if thats what happened

oh and the standard neon is ~2680lbs, the SRT-4 was 2,899, not alot heavier but heavier, shouldnt be enough of a weight difference to beat 300whp with 230whp...

You said you had them dyno it? Post your sheet in the Horsepower thread
Old 11-27-2006, 04:13 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon, 2004 Kia Sorento, 2010 Kia Soul

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (REDZMAN @ Nov 27 2006, 08:43 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Why is everything in your sig Crossed Out?</div>
Old 11-27-2006, 04:59 PM
http://www.hyundaiaftermarket.org/images/vendor1.png

Vehicle: 01 Tiburon

Also, you are planning on crossing into the 12's for you 1/4 ET?

For your fuel management... consider dropping the Apexi SAFC for something in the lines of going standalone or even a dual fuel rail setup and boost it high
Old 11-27-2006, 06:06 PM

everything is crossed out because i thought it looked cool

i rebuilt my engine because i had prior experience..i didnt do the turbo because the place i bought the turbo from mounted it and it was sitting for alittle bit, so in order to have some sort of "warranty" with the turbo i had them put it on so if it blew up then they would have had to get me another turbo or refund my money.. i didnt wanna get blamed for no oil to or from the turbo because of bad oil lines and blow the turbo and not have a warrenty... maybe next time i build a motor ill mount the turbo...

i will post my dyno sheet as soon as my scanner works again

i dont know how i beat my buddys srt4 but i do, i have no ps, ac, rear seats/carpeting/spare tire, its my streetable race car smile.gif

i hope u guys chill down with not believing me because i can tell yous dont trust me or something i feel wierd on this forum now... im just telling you guys facts
Old 11-27-2006, 06:09 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

Now honestly, are you saving enough weight by taking out the carpet to make it worth it? That kinda seems like pushing things further then the returns warrant to me...