Introduction Welcome To Hyundai Aftermarket! We are the worlds #1 most active and Premier Hyundai Forum and Website for Tiburon, Genesis, Veloster, Accent, Elantra, Santa Fe, Tucson, Equus, and Sonata owners! Post in here under the thread that was automatically created for you, and tell us a little about yourself!

2001 Tiburon Se !help Me!

Old 07-22-2006, 10:35 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Okay, got a huge problem. My girlfreind has a 2001 Tiburon SE, Automatic. Today I decided to wash under the hood of her car. Now I know, something obviously got wet. Basically, You cant shift into gear, no reverse lights, and no turn signal lights. On the fuse panel on the driver kick panel, those 3 things & a couple transmission things r into the #9 Fuse. Everytime I replace the fuse, and turn the ignition key on, it pops it. Now, Thats the 1st part, when I bypass the shifter lock, and get it into gear, and go to drive the car. It feels as if its stuck in 2nd gear. Basically, the car feels like its hesitating when you go to drive it, starts off very slow, even if you floor it, but once your rpms pick up, it feels kinda good, but around 50MPH, its at 3500 - 4000RPM. If I put it in Park, the engine revs perfectlly fine. So I know its comething to do with the transmission. And it only happened after I washed under the hood, the car hasnt had any problems prior.

Has anyone has this ever happen 2 them before, or know what it could be. Gotta get this fixed, thanks....
Old 07-23-2006, 05:27 AM

Vehicle: Elantra HD / 2007

No need to start 3 identical topics!

This section is for you to tell us something about yourself... to introduce yourself.

go here
Old 07-23-2006, 12:28 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon, 2004 Kia Sorento, 2010 Kia Soul

I'm re-opening this.

Please tell us about you and your car. Thats what this forum is for.
Old 07-24-2006, 11:10 AM

Vehicle: 2004 Volkswagen Jetta GLI

welcome...
Old 07-25-2006, 03:35 PM
http://www.hyundaiaftermarket.org/images/vendor1.png

Vehicle: 01 Tiburon

welcome... from exactly where in canada are you from?

maybe you're from close by... i can take a look at the car
Old 07-25-2006, 03:47 PM

Vehicle: 97 Tib

Welcome to the site!

I'm really not sure why you would keep blowing that fuse ... that's strange. We might need a little more info, I'm kind of confused dude.
How many miles on it? You know, even as the 2nd owner, you have a bumper to bumper warranty up to 60k (100k if original owner)
Check out what kind of TPS you have, your throttle issues COULD be as simple as a bad TPS giving weird throttle signals, thus f*cking up your a/f ratio. If you have a Dae Sung TPS, I'd replace it anyway, even though I think your problem is more transmission related..
Back when I had my blue auto tib, it had a lot of miles, it would occasionally get "stuck" in 3rd gear from time to time (very rarely though, happened like once every two months I'd say?). All I ever did was pull over and restart the car and that fixed it.

There's a lot of knowledgeable people here who will help you troubleshoot..just wait, you're in good hands now wink1.gif we'll help you out.