Interior, Sound, Security Modifications to the Interior of your Hyundai. Seats, Carpet, Car Audio & Entertainment, interior painting, security, etc..

Would you buy a car that you know someone smoked in?

Old 02-27-2014, 05:48 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: '12 Boston Red Veloster
Default Would you buy a car that you know someone smoked in?

I'm glad I'm the original owner of my car. I have been in some cars where the drivers have smoked and they smelled horribly. The owners werent able to smell it because they were used to the smell. If I ever bought used, I would have to make sure the previous owner(s) were non-smokers for sure.
Old 02-27-2014, 06:22 PM

Vehicle: 2012 Genesis Coupe 2.0T

I wouldn't. I don't think you can ever really get that smell out, plus I used to smoke so it would drive me nuts to be reminded of it every time I got in the car.
Old 02-27-2014, 06:51 PM

Vehicle: 1997 RD 4-door

on a car with cloth seats? never!
Old 02-27-2014, 11:27 PM

Vehicle: X3 Sprint, S-Coupe Turbo

I bought a smokers car and got rid of the smell. I took the ashtray and center console out and soaked them in the sink for a day, shampooed the carpets/headliner, and left the windows down for two or three days. The smell vanished and it wasn't that hard to do.

The guy sold the car with the ashtray pressurised with compacted cigarette butts. Why.
Old 02-28-2014, 12:31 AM

Vehicle: 2005 Hyundai Tiburon GT

I smoke in my car and don't have a smell. I don't leave butts, I keep my car clean you can't even find ash in it, ride with my windows down especially if smoking, and my car always smells good with fresheners.

I would buy a car from a smoker because the smell can be removed. To many burns in the car is another story.
Old 02-28-2014, 12:07 PM

Vehicle: 1991 Impulse RS

^^^^^ YOU can't smell the smoke but someone who doesn't smoke would smell it. It was like that in my old Accent, I thought the car smelled great but my wife always complained it smelled like smoke despite my air freshners and always having the windows down. My work truck is another story, it stinks of cigarettes because I smoke a lot at work, and I honestly don't care about the truck (company owned), I'm the only one that ever drives/rides in it.

Would I buy a car that someone has smoked in? Probably, but I would also see what I could do to get some $$$ off the price due to the smell.
Old 02-28-2014, 07:47 PM
Super Moderator

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Vehicle: 2000 Elantra

P.S. thanks for polluting my clean air with your nasty cigarette smoke in your failed attempts to keep your car from smelling like butt.
Old 02-28-2014, 08:04 PM
Administrator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Vehicle: Two Accents, Mini, Miata, Van, Outback, and a ZX-6

Originally Posted by 2FastElantra
I smoke in my car and don't have a smell.
If you smoke in the car, it smells like you smoke in the car. I can smell if the person is smoking in the car in front of me while I'm driving a lot of the time. I don't think most smokers really understand how pungent the smell is.

I would buy a car that's been smoked in. The smell will go away if you do a decent detail on the interior and give it some time. I appreciate a car that hasn't been smoked in, but it isn't a deal breaker for me because it does always go away.
Old 02-28-2014, 10:27 PM

Vehicle: MC + RD2 + AW11 + 944 = 4x Win

I guess, for me at least, it more depends on what they were smoking

Old 03-01-2014, 10:26 AM

Vehicle: 2000 tib

first thing I do is light a cigar when I sit in a new car !,... All just ashtrays with wheels !