Interior, Sound, Security Modifications to the Interior of your Hyundai. Seats, Carpet, Car Audio & Entertainment, interior painting, security, etc..

Wiring advantages, series / parallel

Old 02-15-2016, 05:00 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 03 Tiburon
Default Wiring advantages, series / parallel

Is there an advantage of one over the other when both achieve the same end result? An example of what I mean... I have two subs, dual voice coil, each coil is one ohm. I want a one ohm load at the amp. Is there a difference between these two options:

A) Wire the coils of each sub parallel giving me a half ohm per sub then wiring the two subs in series giving me 1ohm at the amp.

B) Wire the coils of each sub in series giving me 2 ohms per sub then wiring the two subs parallel to each other, giving me, again, one ohm at the amp.

'A' would be less conductor, as there would only be one hot and one ground coming from the box with a short conductor running between the two subs. 'B' would have each sub getting it's own pair of hot / ground conductors but does that make a difference?
Old 02-15-2016, 11:03 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 01/hyundai/tiburon

Fewer wires = less resistance..

Rc car guys solder their motor wires without connectors to reduce resistance. A soldered connectection has more resistance then a solid wire. I think it's normally at least .2 ohm for each connection..

So yea option B, maybe I'm wrong, I think it might pump more watts.. Buut I don't think you could tell the difference in any system by ear personally..

That's my opinion but if I'm wrong I wanna know lol