Interior, Sound, Security Modifications to the Interior of your Hyundai. Seats, Carpet, Car Audio & Entertainment, interior painting, security, etc..

Wire Schematic Help Please

Old 07-26-2005, 11:04 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 97 Tib

Got my rear fog light switch from hobgoblin the other day..
I want to wire them up to my haloz and other interior neons.
Could someone find out what all of the different wires are in that harness clip (blue one)?

thanks
Old 07-26-2005, 11:08 AM

Vehicle: 2001/Hyundai/Tiburon

we dont even have access to that schematic over here. tongue.gif

if you just want to use it as an on/off switch, set a multimeter to continuity, and then test various leads against each other, pushing the switch in and out.

like, connect two leads to a multimeter. set it to the ohms sign, and see what happens. on the two leads you want, it should read blank when the button is not pushed in, and 0 when it is.
Old 07-26-2005, 11:15 AM

Vehicle: 97 Tib

okay I'll give that a shot with the multimeter
another question..
By default, the switch doesn't get any power until the headlights are turned on right? I would want to change that so that it I can turn them on/off whenever..I need to find the wire that gives the switch it's constant power (how to do that?) and swap it with an always hot wire right?

thanks, I'm new to this stuff mostly.
Old 07-26-2005, 11:25 AM

Vehicle: 2001/Hyundai/Tiburon

no man. switches dont require constant power. they are just a "valve" that switches something to connect a circuit. you dont need to swap anything, you just need to find the right leads that the switch uses for its switching...lol

the other leads are used for things like illuminations and stuff, and work independant of the switch.

what are you hooking the switch up to? to much power, and you could damage the switch.