Interior, Sound, Security Modifications to the Interior of your Hyundai. Seats, Carpet, Car Audio & Entertainment, interior painting, security, etc..

Window Tinting..

Old 08-09-2004, 11:26 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Question about lighter pulleys

Ok, so i got this REALLY light factory window tint, maybe 95%.. Well, that just sucks.. So I want some more.. 2 questions, can i just tint over the existing tint, provided its still in good shape?

Also, has anyone ever tinted their windows themselves? I saw a kit, and some window tint @ checker the other day, and was just wondering how hard it is to install and it comes out w/ a decent quality.. They have some nice 2.5% illegal stuff im looking @ smile.gif
Old 08-09-2004, 11:46 PM

Default Window Tinting..

Factory tint is not a film.They actually tint the glass itself, so there is no problem putting film on.

Personally, I would not install tint myself.It's too easy to dick it up,then you have to spend a bunch of time with a razor blade scraping the stuff off.
Old 08-10-2004, 12:09 AM

Vehicle: 97 Tib
Default Re: dash replacement, help!

i have tinted my windows myself, it is sort of difficult, and it is time-consuming, but worth it.
if the tint that is on now is stuff that looks like you can peel it off (meaning it is NOT factory tint) you should buy some Tint Off and get a razor blade and scrape it off before putting your stuff on.
also, if you want to do a good job tinting go SLOW, and do not worry about using the Tint-On spray stuff, get an empty windex bottle full of a little soap+water. get your window VERY CLEAN before.
remember that you tint the inside, and it makes it a lot cleaner+easier if you remove your door panel. when you are tinting you are supposed to leave a 1/4" space at the top that you do not tint, i didn't do this because it looks gay because when the window is rolled all the way up there is just a thin little line of not tint, if you do it like i did it will start to peel at the top everytime you roll it all the way up, it will not come off but when the window is like half-way down the top 1/4" of the window looks ugly, but you cannot notice it when the window is all the way up or down.
make sure to get a rubber squegee to get out the bubbles, and tint during the day so you can check it at least once every hour for the rest of the day and squegee out any new bubbles/creases that have formed. it is hard to tint yourself and do a very good job, i did it twice before i managed to have only one SMALL bubble on passenger window, you can't notice it unless you look close..taking tint off is a b**** so try to do it right the first time.
i would suggest NOT getting 2.5%, because i have the 5% and it is EXTREMELY hard to see at night, even headlights look like little specs. I would suggest getting like 10-15%.
Actually, that's how I got into my accident--i was making a left at an intersection and did not see a van rolling into a stop sign on my left (also because it was raining) and i cut the corner a little bit and smashed up my front fender+headlamp.
Old 08-10-2004, 12:27 AM

Vehicle: Hyosung GT650
Default Re: Window Tinting..

Remember that you will get a darker result b/c you are putting tint on top of tint. 8)
Old 08-10-2004, 12:42 AM

Default Speed-Factor Basic Turbo Kit

I have 15% on my tib and I have to say its really dark! During the day you can not see in my windows unless your right on top of the car.
Old 08-10-2004, 12:46 AM

Vehicle: Hyosung GT650

I don't have my tib tinted yet, but it will be done before summer. 8)
That's our summer not yours.
Old 08-10-2004, 12:48 AM

Vehicle: 97 Tib

dude I have 5%, I wish I had 15% because 5% at night is insane, it is like driving where you can only see out of your windshield and you don't even have side windows. it's kinda cool though, because you know that nobody can see you unless they put their face TO the glass.
Old 08-10-2004, 07:02 AM

Default Re: Boosted Cars on this site? *ADD PICS!*

ya... i only have 20%... and im still illegal here in MO. Window tinting is really not that hard, just very time consuming to do it right. i've done a few cars... since i had my tib done... which a guy in KC did that for me and he did an AWESOME job. It just depends on if you want to spend the money or try to do it yourself, but you can mess it up easily.
Old 08-10-2004, 08:01 AM

Default Re: Need inlet and outlet diameter in mm of TB and inlet dia

I would recomend taking it to a place and have it tinted. The stuff they sell at the store is really cheap compare to the tinting place has. But it is your choice I would spend the money myself and have it done right with out the headaches.
Old 08-10-2004, 04:18 PM

Default Re: DIY - 1.8L CAM

Get the metallic tint, NOT the Cheap ass crap that turns purple.
the metallic tint also helps reflect U.V rays better than the ghey honda civic ricer tint.

I am getting either 25% or 35%

not sure yet.