Interior, Sound, Security Modifications to the Interior of your Hyundai. Seats, Carpet, Car Audio & Entertainment, interior painting, security, etc..

Window Power ....

Old 10-02-2007, 09:34 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ok so I was just wondering if anyone else has this problem, when I have my windows down and my music playing if i leave the music on for a long time and then go to put the windows up they wont go up, then after about 2 mins of me pushing the up button they go up. At first it was only the driver side now it is both sides, what do you think?? Window motors going? Or what???
Old 10-09-2007, 08:53 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

i also have an '01 tib that I just got a few months ago and I have an intermittent problem with the driver's side window not wanting to go up. It's like the button is dead but if you open the door all of a sudden it will work and roll up all the way. This only happens once a week on average but it's weird none the less.
Old 10-09-2007, 09:02 PM

I had a problem once when my windows wouldnt roll up at all but it turns out we just knocked the window wire loose while running the wires for the door poppers and because of the lambo's and wire loom you couldnt see it... It sucked, so maybe you have a loose connection, I doubt you had the same problem as me but you might want to check all the wires.
Old 10-09-2007, 10:10 PM
DTN

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

The driver's side buttons stick alot. When the buttons stick, it puts the window relays into safe mode. They won't respond for about 30 seconds. The car checks the buttons again and the idle dips down. Then the idle raises back up when it kicks it back into safe mode.

Anyways, if the problem is intermittant, then your buttons are sticky. You can take it apart and lubricate with white lithium grease.
Old 10-09-2007, 11:48 PM

Vehicle: Hyundai Tiburon FX

mine is like that too only wierd. you have to press the down button two times quickly and then it rolls down by itself. but i remember when i first bought the car it was only one press and the window came down. then sometimes it wouldn't come down. i began messing with the window lock and somehow that button changes the settings. try rapidly pressing that many times and see what comes out of that.