Interior, Sound, Security Modifications to the Interior of your Hyundai. Seats, Carpet, Car Audio & Entertainment, interior painting, security, etc..

Window leaking?

Old 11-25-2004, 04:31 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2000 Hyundai Tiburon
Default Re: OZ-BBTB

Anyone have trouble with one of there side windows leaking on there Tib? Seems my right side rear window is leaking a little. I mean you can see the water trickle in from the top when you start driving after you have washed the car or it has rained..... Any suggestions?

Also, anyone have the, or a triple gauge pod installed in there Tib as well. Since I installed mine, same situaton ( after washing ), the top pod fills up with water. Thank god I don't have a gauge in that one right now or it would be ruined. Sucks when you start driving and you don't notice the water in the pod and it dumps all over your pants. :x Any suggestons for that?
Old 11-25-2004, 04:49 PM

Default Re: Wide Body Fenders

very odd.. my only water leak on the door is where the mirror mounts.. I am thinking that either your door is not properly aligned or the weatherstripping has had it and needs to be replaced.

Anybody know if it is possible to adjust the window itself?
Old 11-25-2004, 05:01 PM

Default Re: Help me choose: Stock or New wheels *** w/Pix not links*

I heard that you can adjust the window itself on the framless windows, but it is a real pita to do. I think there is a series of bolts that control how the window closes. But which ones do what, I have no idea.
Old 11-26-2004, 07:00 AM

Default Re: Wide Body Fenders

that might be your only recourse... anybody got a door off of a car they can play with?
Old 11-26-2004, 07:12 AM

Default Re: North East Chapter Members

I would check the seals and make sure they are all seated right on the window. I had a problem with mine before with it leaking and it was due to the upper seal not sitting correctly after I removed one of the A pillars.
Old 11-26-2004, 07:21 PM

Default Re: Custom Badge Design Contest *Ends 14 Sept*

I'll check those and see what happens.
Old 11-26-2004, 07:44 PM

Vehicle: 1997 Tiburon
Default Re: FS: Turbo Parts

I adjusted my windsors myself after i had leaks.
Its very simple to do and is not a PITA.. it took 30 min and I was done.

Remove the door pannel.. then there will be 2 screws... one near where door handle lays.. 2nd is near the end of the door. You unscrew these 2 screws.. and then u can move the window stoppers up and down how ever u need to adjust it. And then ur done.. a DIY is on webtech check it out..
Old 11-26-2004, 08:44 PM

Default Re: some RD logo doodles I did

Cool, Thanks. I'll try what you said. Anyone have any info on how to stop the leaking on the rear side window? Maybe just take off the inside panels and silicone the f**k out of it. :twisted:
Old 11-26-2004, 10:15 PM

Default Re: DIY - Fuel Pump Uprgrade

Both of mine were replaced in two separate accidents. When I took the interior pannel off it looks like they used the black silicone for extra protection around the inside of the window. You may want to give that a shot.
Old 11-27-2004, 11:57 AM

Default Re: Port & Polish a Beta I head

I hate those little windows.. if I could find somebody to do it.. I would love to make them "pop" out a little for better ventilation. adding extra silicone is not a bad idea, especially since they will be covered under the trim anyway. If you can remove the OUTSIDE trim, I would be more inclined to do it there, no sense in trapping water next to the sheet metal.