Interior, Sound, Security Modifications to the Interior of your Hyundai. Seats, Carpet, Car Audio & Entertainment, interior painting, security, etc..

Where To Put A Ps2 Slim?

Old 04-05-2006, 12:21 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I need to know where is the best place to put my Ps2 slim....I have a slim cooled power inverter and the TV is in my dash.

Where would be the best place so i can keep it pretty cool and still get to it since its the pop-up PS2 not the moterized drive?

And how would I wire a switch, toggle or something so all I have to do is hit that to turn the inverter on which inturn would turn the PS2 on?

I am going for a hiddin look so...glove box, console, dont really want to go under the seat but I guess I can if I cant do anything else.

Thanks
GBS
Old 04-05-2006, 12:28 PM

Vehicle: N/A as in Not Applicable, not Naturally Aspirated

basically I'm gonna tell you straight up. Don't use the slim in your vehicle. Get a ps2 motorized drive one or wait for something better to come out from Sony... rolleyes.gif

the slim is gonna skip all dya in your ride....
I've seen it in three cars. After 24 hours of wiring and intsallation in a friend's mazda (looks like the ps2 came with the car from the factory... wink1.gif ) we find out we can't even watch a dvd without being interuppted several times by skips.
Old 04-06-2006, 02:29 AM

exactly, the ps2 slim will skip like crazy, I would go with a regular ps2
Old 04-06-2006, 09:35 AM

thanks
Old 04-06-2006, 09:38 AM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon, 2004 Kia Sorento, 2010 Kia Soul

I find they fit great in front of the tire. And only a little bump as you drive over/crush it.

smile.gif
Old 04-06-2006, 10:27 AM

it didnt skip in my car..

it just depends on where you put it and what you have as your suspension.

the MAIN problem with the slim in the car is overheating. you have to make sure its in an open area that can disipate the heat.

I like the slim because well shit...its so damn small.
Old 04-06-2006, 11:19 AM
DTN

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

I installed a relay for my power inverter.

1. I ran a wire from my battery to under my passenger seat for power
2. I cut the wire at the fuse box under the hood
3. I installed a relay activated by IGN fuse to turn on and off the power to the inverter

This way I can turn it on and off at the inverter manually, or it will turn on and off on it's own when i turn off the vehical. You can't run 400 + watts for very long with the vehical off anyways so you may as well hook it up like this.
Old 04-07-2006, 10:01 AM

Vehicle: 2001/Hyundai/Tiburon

a lot of times you get noise with inverters though. especially high-power ones. if you dont here any whine in your speakers you are lucky.
Old 04-08-2006, 10:28 PM
DTN

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

^^ yeah, i need to get off my ass and change out the fan in mine. That's usually what causes the noise and is what is causing my noise. I've been running mine for a year and the noise started 2 months ago. I now just turn it on when needed because of the annoying noise. No annoying noise from speakers though, I ran the wires and unit itself far enough away from the pre-amp in the sterio that it won't cause that.
Old 08-23-2006, 01:03 AM

i did mine a different way because....well i wanted to be different lol. It may be a stupid idea but i cant see any problems right now lol.

I took off my lid thingy in the storage area of the middle console then just put four little pieces of velcro on each corner, stuck my ps2 on there then put the controllers in the space below, so whenever i want to play i can lift it a little plug in and go.