Interior, Sound, Security Modifications to the Interior of your Hyundai. Seats, Carpet, Car Audio & Entertainment, interior painting, security, etc..

where to put the alarm shock sensor

Old 08-03-2001, 01:59 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default where to put the alarm shock sensor

question is in the title. smile.gif

Seriously, I tried the steering column and a metal tray in the interior dash (below the rear seat ducts) and at maximum sensitivity, it takes almost breaking the glass to even get a warning chirp.

My goal is warning chirp when anyone bumps the car or tries to door handles with them locked. Full alarm at glass breaking, being bumped while someone else is parking, or jacking up the tires (to steal the wheels).

Any mounting or location advice?

thanks,
a
Old 08-03-2001, 02:36 PM

Well I have found that the best place is in the center consol. Remove the dash peice around the shifter and the peice around the radio. You will see two heater ducts going to the the heater ports under the seats. Jam it under either one it works great mine picks up almost everything. But make sure your sensitivity is turned up or this will not help. Also if you are woried about the wheels and someone trying to open the car via the door handles or just a light bump no shock sensor in the world will pick these things up unless the person doing it is putting alot of force in opening the doors or jacking the car up hard. To pick this stuff up you need a proximity sensor. What a prox does is put an invisible force feild around your car so if you set the range the right way (range can be set from 1 inch to 5 feet) a person doesn't even have to touch the car to set off the alarm they just have to be in the space the feild covers. To pick up the whole car though the prox has to be placed in the center of the car. But be warned it does have it's downfals every time it rains your alarm will go off, if a dog walks by it basically anytime something moves within that space it will trigger your alarm but all of this also depends on how far out you set the peramiters for the prox obviously these all won't happen if you set the range to just I mean just surrond the car but no matter what range a rainfal will trigger it so if you get it just be sure to shut the prox off before storms and let the shock sensor take over unless you hate your neighbors and want to p#$s them off lol leave it on. Hope this helps
Old 08-03-2001, 03:25 PM
Administrator

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Vehicle: 2010 Genesis 2.0T

Just wondering...does your alarm allow you to set the sensitivity rating or is it preset at one level? If you can set it yourself, then I would place it somewhere within the middle of the car, and turn up the level as much as possible.
Old 08-04-2001, 12:34 AM

You can set the sensitivity to where you want it but no matter how high you turn it up it will never pick up the wheels being taken off or the car being jacked up or if someone is trying to open the car via the handles unless they make such an impact it's incrediblely forceful. The alarm has a neucence (spelling sucks) protection on this and would just pick up these kind of movements to be the wind or rain and would never go off. But u7nder the heater duct in the middle consol is the best spot in your Tib for the shock sensor to pick up shock threwout the car.
Old 08-14-2001, 06:09 AM

Thanks Jaws you get a star for all that smile.gif

Actually, that's where I have the shock sensor now, with full sensitivity. My sensitivity is user-adjustable, but only from the sensor itself (two tiny adjustment knobs, one for the pre-warn, the other for the trigger).

I think I will leave it where it is. It is picking up ****ty parallel parkers (I come back and notice that it's been triggered, no scratches, and the zone is the impact sensor). it's either kids, or someone bumped me. Grrr.

We have an acura in my apartment complex with a proximity sensor. You are right, every time it rains it goes off continuously. If I did get one, my brain has a setting for "3 and out". If a zone is triggered three times, it is disabled from setting off the siren until you disarm/rearm again. It will still disable the starter when it's set off, but it avoids being a nuicance when it rains.

Oh well. The alarm is only good for deterring joy-riders and amateurs anyway, and I'm pretty sure it will do that in its current state.

Thanks guys,
a
Old 08-14-2001, 07:57 AM

Just 1 star sad.gif . Just kiddin.
Old 08-14-2001, 09:49 PM

I meant an extra star. Unfotunately, my 5 vote was diluted by the others. Stupid averages smile.gif

The star system is kinda cool but on my first day (after like 2 posts) I had a 1 star rating. I was like, ouch! I know I'm an idiot, but they didn't have to remind me

a
Old 08-15-2001, 12:08 AM

Why thank you smile.gif
Old 08-15-2001, 12:21 AM

Hey what about me? I want some stars!! sad.gif
Old 08-15-2001, 01:30 PM

Hey, im looking into getting a keyless entry and alarm but i would like to know some of the top brands so i dont get ripped off when i go looking. Can anyone give me some help and brands and prices. And about how long it should take to install. Thanks