Interior, Sound, Security Modifications to the Interior of your Hyundai. Seats, Carpet, Car Audio & Entertainment, interior painting, security, etc..

What Do You Think?

Old 03-22-2004, 07:59 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Alpine is a good choice.I also have the 7998 hu.Very sweet!!!
Old 03-24-2004, 07:58 AM

Default CAI for 2000

how do you lose sound with more subs? no i heard ppl say that before but i've asked many stereo shops and they pretty much say all the same thing "that doesnt make sense".hey if anybody has a conceivable reason why this would happen plz post b/c it sounds stupid to me .I've also talked with alpine before and once i have everything set up i just gotta get ahold of them and they're gonna help me out as far as setting my amps, and what everything should be set at to maximize sound quality. so hopefully that "cancelling out stuff is just bs....otherwise ...anybody wanna buy a 15?...lol

ps- second skin is on its way, cant wait
Old 03-24-2004, 09:20 AM

Vehicle: 2001/Hyundai/Tiburon

waves, when they hit, mess each other up. think of a string. you on one side and a freind on the other. the string represents a sound wave. if you move it down then up fast, a wave will form. if your freind does the same, a wave will form. when they hit each other, the resulting wave has much less amplitude then if you just let the wave proceede down the string. amplitude determines volume.

if two subs are positioned towards each other, it will sound like crap because of this reason. the more subs you have, the harder it is to keep the sound waves from screwin each other up.

atleast, i think thats what happens.
Old 03-24-2004, 10:12 AM

Tibby01 is pretty much right.But, you can position subs and play with their phases so you don't get much cancellation.I think what people mean when they say you will loose sound with more bass,is that you get to a point where the midrange/trebble become very blurred.If you want tons of bass but also want to keep sound quality, you have to tune the system so all the transitions are smooth.Luckily, the higher the freq gets the less power it needs to be loud.So, you can usually turn up the gain of your mid range/trebble a little,to help even out.
Old 03-25-2004, 08:05 PM

well this is how i was planned on positioning them:

two 12's inverted into behind the wheel wel, and the 15 facing upwards and forward.

here's rough pic i just drew up (sorry im a tuner, not an artist)

what do you think?
Old 03-25-2004, 08:28 PM

It's hard to say how it's going to sound.From my experience,though, it's best to either down fire or have the sub fire to the rear.

I hope you plan to xover the 12's and 15 differently.I'd use the 15 for 30hz below, and use the 12's for 30 to 80 or so.That's also provided you have good enough midbass up front.
Old 03-25-2004, 08:32 PM

Vehicle: 2000 Hyundai Tiburon

I used to have my 12's firing towards the front, but with my new, almost done enclosure it will be firing towards the rear. Is there a big difference between firing foward and rear?
Old 03-25-2004, 09:09 PM

Yeah, usually.Thing is though, you definitely have to have the trunk/hatch deadend.Don't worry, you'll know if you need dynamat!!
Old 03-25-2004, 09:29 PM
Administrator

Vehicle: ǝdnoɔ sısǝuǝƃ

personally.....
I would have the Power Distributor sitting in the center top of the tire well, with the wires coming from under the carpet nice and neat. I would have the capacitor mounted right next to it and have the amps mounted towards the rear of the trunk (where the subs are currently located) and have the subs sitting where the amps are. Have 2 subs pointing towards the hatch glass and the center sub inverted so you can see the magnet. Catch my drift? I'm too lazy to draw a picture and upload it and post :-x
Old 03-25-2004, 09:39 PM

I can see what you are say'n and it looks good.I was also thinking the cap should be placed closser to the distribution block.And of course it ( the cap ) should be as close as possible to the amp(s) that will power the subs.But then again, I guess all 3 of the amps are for the subs.