Interior, Sound, Security Modifications to the Interior of your Hyundai. Seats, Carpet, Car Audio & Entertainment, interior painting, security, etc..

UUURRRR MOMO Steering Wheel Help!

Old 12-17-2004, 09:59 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Stainless steel shiftknob in WINTER :(

Alright well I have a MOMO steering wheel and the hub from kSpec. This seemed like a pretty intense job so I took it to a repuable shop that does a lot of aftermarker installs and such. Needless to say they took the wheel off and the hub did not fit flat on the clock spring. Now I guess two options are here. 1) remove the clock spring and 2) grind the shit out of the hub until it fits correctly. For those of you that have after market wheels installed did you simply remove the clock spring or grind the hub? And if you removed the clock spring how did the horn cable wire up?

As of right now I just had them put everything back together. Dont know if I will go back to them or just do the shit myself once I get some help!
Old 12-17-2004, 10:10 PM

Vehicle: 2000/Hyundai/Tiburon
Default Re: NGK Ignition wires?

Did you get pics of this? That would help.
Old 12-17-2004, 10:15 PM

Default Re: Stainless steel shiftknob in WINTER :(

Nope :? ....... They wouldn;t actually let me in the shop (pricks). After looking at the Hyundai WebTech site I saw the information about the clockspring and how the two cables comes out of it. But that was basically the extent of what I saw. It didn't actually show how the horn was connected to the clockspring or anything.
Old 12-18-2004, 06:43 AM

Default Re: The Theta is here!!!

You can just do the job yourself, when I had my Momo steering wheel installed, the clock spring was also removed. You will lose the auto-cancel of your signals . but you will get used to it. Your air baglight will stay on after you remove the clock spring. When I installed my bros guages, I just removed the airbag light. that is only a suggestion. hope this helps.
Old 12-18-2004, 06:58 AM

Default Re: UUURRRR MOMO Steering Wheel Help!

Alright that makes sense about the clock spring. One thing that I still dont understand tho. How does the horn get connected to the horn on the new wheel since the clock spring is no longer there?
Old 12-18-2004, 07:52 AM

Default Re: Insomniac Thread

sorry to mention that,
you lose the horn too.
you might want to run wires directly to a new horn, or figure out where to tap into the existing wiring. I drove for 4 months with no horn and no auto-cancel signals. You never know how much you use the horn, untill it is not there.
Old 12-18-2004, 08:17 AM

Vehicle: 2004 Acura TL
Default Re: GB Requests

If you lose operation of the horn you run into inspection problems, no??

I always thought the horn was part of a safety.
Old 12-18-2004, 08:45 AM

Default Re: Cheap A/F gauge

QUOTE (canadianshark74)
sorry to mention that,
you lose the horn too.
you might want to run wires directly to a new horn, or figure out where to tap into the existing wiring. I drove for 4 months with no horn and no auto-cancel signals. You never know how much you use the horn, untill it is not there.

Good point canadianshark, the horn can prevent you from getting into accidents.
Old 12-18-2004, 10:19 AM

Default Re: Best Cheap OEM Mod Yet... *Teaser*

#1 : NEVER go to a shop that won't let you inside the garage. There is NO reason why you shouldn't be allowed to be wiht your car while they repair it. They don't want to answer tour questions? They don't want you to see them work? I personnally would never take my car to such a place.

#2 : Pictures would really help. I don't understand your problem. On my accent, I just unbolted the nut holding the stering wheel, pulled it off, installed the hub and connected the wires to the new horn button. took me 15min.
Old 12-18-2004, 10:41 AM

Vehicle: 2000 Elantra
Default Re: Best Cheap OEM Mod Yet... *Teaser*

larry
at the garage where i work we dont let people come into the shop cuz its a liablilty if they get hurt the company will be held liable

alot of places are the same way