Interior, Sound, Security Modifications to the Interior of your Hyundai. Seats, Carpet, Car Audio & Entertainment, interior painting, security, etc..

The Upgraded Clarion CD Player

Old 08-10-2001, 01:37 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default The Upgraded Clarion CD Player

Hey,
I was wondering if anyone can help me out here.I'm about to install a sub and amp but we haven't yet taken the stereo out to see if it has RC output. My amp has RCA in (it's an older phoenix gold amp)it.Does anyone in here know if it has this on it for sure or not?Cause if I need to get a new part for it i'd like to know before my car is in pieces. Also one other question, can i run the power off my Antenna. My friend says i can but isn't sure if it'll drain the battery when not in use. I know that I can turn off the stereo but does that make a difference?

Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks guys
Old 08-10-2001, 01:54 AM

if its a clarion deck you most likely will have rca outs. mine does smile.gif
Old 08-10-2001, 03:32 AM

If you have a clarion deck (aftermarket) then unless it's an entry level model you have pre-outs (without the model number I can't tell you for sure). Post the model number and I'll let you know, it should be on the front of the unit and probably start with a D.
Old 08-10-2001, 03:37 AM

it's model # is RDX655Dz
Old 08-10-2001, 03:38 AM

Oh and as far as grabbing the power for the remote turn on for your amp from the power antenna it will work and will not drain the battery but there is one problem. The power antenna wire only distributes power when the radio is on when you go to cd, changer, etc it will stop sending power thus your amps will shut down that is why if you ever noticed when someone is listing to the radio and then puts in a cd the antenna goes down, well same effect here. So if you have an aftermarket Clarion it will have an amp turn on wire, if not there are to ways to go find which wire in the wire harness behind the deck is Akeyed 12vlts or go to the fuse block, or you can install a toggle switch but whatever way you go make sure to install a fuse inline to prevent fires or power spikes to your amp.
Old 08-10-2001, 03:57 AM

Then it has pre-outs look on the front it should also tell you if there 4 volt preouts look for the sysmbol 4V. this makes a big deal because it amplifies the signal going to the amp but it is not needed to run it.
Old 08-10-2001, 04:08 PM

Oh yes, it works...and well. Looks like someone beat me to the punch. I just had my JL12WO and Sony Amp wired in. I will post pics soon. You will be suprised how easily the wires hook up and even hide. Nowhere in the car do my wires expose themselves. I was worried for a while since I couldn't get a straight answer from many people whether or not the Clarion deck that comes standerd with SE Tiburons had pre-outs. Thankfully it does. The whole install cost me under $100. The sound is amazing however the sunglass holder shakes like a SOB.
Old 08-11-2001, 10:01 AM

One word DYNOMAT
Old 08-11-2001, 05:23 PM

Jeez, i called the dealer and they had no $#@#$@ idea..
they say "they dont work with aftermarket parts" bla bla.. im like cmon i know at least one tech must have been fooling around back there at one time
but its very good to know the clarion has preouts.. but notice our clarion is not on the website and I have never seen it in another car (even aftermarket) other than the hyundais?
Old 08-13-2001, 06:28 AM

The stereo is all good
It's got 2 pre-outs on it. 1 for front and one for the back.(Keep in mind that the blask wire is back). My sub and amp were put in by my buddy and i and it sounds F..K'n Sweeta$$ eek.gif . So if you're wondering about the stereo like i was U now have the answer regarding the pre0out issue on the stereos.
email me if u have any other questions..

THANKS TO ALL WHO HELPED ME OUT!!!! smile.gif smile.gif