Interior, Sound, Security Modifications to the Interior of your Hyundai. Seats, Carpet, Car Audio & Entertainment, interior painting, security, etc..

trying to plan a system

Old 09-16-2004, 06:14 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: no idea what the problem is?

And just wanted to know your opinions on Rockford Fosgate speakers. I happen to like the sounds and looks of the new "punch" series with the ability to keep the tweeters either in the speaker as a Bi or Triaxial speaker.. or to remove them to make a pure componate system.

I also had a question about subs.. I do NOT want a sub box in the trunk.. I hate those things and I often have stuff in the trunk, so I need the floor clear.. I am also not into heavy bass, but more crisp and hard hitting. I would give up quantity for quality in a second... That said, I was thinking of running a pair of 8s.. one in each corner of the trunk (by the taillights) fireing towards each other across the expanse of the trunk. I might consider 10s.. but like I said, I do not need or want rolling bass. I am more of a listener of Jazz, new age, and classical.
Old 09-16-2004, 07:11 AM

Vehicle: 2001/Hyundai/Tiburon
Default Re: deactivate map light

you will be fine with 8s. where are you going to put the amp? mount it to tthe back of the backseat?

as far as that removable tweeter is concerned, i highly doubt removing it would make it a true component set. i just think its for placing the tweeter in different spots. i dont think the woofer will perform anywhere near a true component set woofer.
Old 09-16-2004, 11:04 AM

Default Re: hp rating of stock internals?

I'm no guru at all, but I think a pair of 8's firing towards each other, or towards the front will sound like a$$. Ideally you'd want your sub firing towards the rear, if not that then straight up. Do you want to keep your spare tire?? You could mount a single 10 in easily custom made box that utilizes the spare tire well. As for amps, don't mount it on the back of the seat. Like you, I wanted to be able to still haul things, like my golf clubs, my raft, mountain bike, etc......

I removed the drivers seat in my car, popped the little plastic heat vent out, shortened it with a hacksaw and then filled it with foam and taped over the holes with duct tape (you don't want the floor vent blowing hot air on your amp. I mounted the amp under my drivers seat. I actually have an Alpime MRV-100M V12 amp that I will sell you. It's ideal for what you want. Small, yet potent. It's enough to rock a pair of 8's.....I had a single 10 hooked to it. It's not loud enough to make your neighbors hear you from 3 blocks away, but it does a decent job. $80 shipped.
Old 09-16-2004, 11:39 AM

Default Re: 10+ Body kits assorted GB

Have you concidered the JL Audio 6W0 subwoofers?? They are 6.75" and for a sealed enclosure only need .15 cuft of internal volume.They sound extreamely good and they are capable of getting down to about 25Hz.Which for most music is deep enough.Also, they only cost $70 each. 8)
Old 09-16-2004, 12:01 PM

Default Re: trying to plan a system

I would STRONGLY recommend a pair of Adire Koda's. They are small, very high sound quality subs. They use the XBL^2 motor which is normally found on very expensive subs like the Brahma and XXX, and they also have 12mm of xmax, which is huge for such a small sub. And the best part is the price, only $79 each. You could easily fit one of these in each corner of the trunk, aimed slightly towards the front.

http://www.adireaudio.com/TextPages/Koda8P...geFrameText.htm
Old 09-17-2004, 04:27 PM

Default Re: We need to know the truth.

ok... so it's agreed that aiming the subs towards the back is the best for sound... would taking my twin 8s and aiming them back towards an imaginary spot in the middle work just as well?
Old 09-17-2004, 06:19 PM

Default Re: super 60 turbo questions

Yup.

What you really should do is experiment with the placement/position of the subs.Guys here can tell you all day what the best set up is.But does that mean it really is the best for your ears and equipment? Play around and see what works out for you.

Generally,rear mounted subs sound best when aimed to the hatch/trunk door.That would be a good starting point for experimentation.
Old 09-18-2004, 07:56 AM

Default Re: a few pics from today

QUOTE (MADTIB)
Yup.

Generally,rear mounted subs sound best when aimed to the hatch/trunk door.That would be a good starting point for experimentation.

I wonder why that is? I do some occasional work with a friend of mine who does sound reinforcement at concerts and such.. very much a professional.. I do realise that the frequencies generated by a subwoofer are omni-directional, but when we set up speakers for a show, he aims the subs towards the audiance.. so why would I, in a car, aim them away from me?
Old 09-18-2004, 08:58 AM

Default Re: AHH I HATE EBAY! HELP

QUOTE (Mad-Machine)
QUOTE (MADTIB)
Yup.

I wonder why that is? I do some occasional work with a friend of mine who does sound reinforcement at concerts and such.. very much a professional.. I do realise that the frequencies generated by a subwoofer are omni-directional, but when we set up speakers for a show, he aims the subs towards the audiance.. so why would I, in a car, aim them away from me?

Because you're not in a confined space that has walls nearby for the sound to bounce of off. Do it in a large area and you can get a muddy, washed out sound. You also have feedback to worry about, which occurs when sound travels back in to the mic. Ideally you'd want your speakers placed in a manner as to where they won't cause feedback.

One other factor is that subwoofers in a car play much lower frequencies than the speakers you're used to....if they're even subwoofers at all. I'm betting they're woofers, which have a lot of mid-bass in them. Mid-bass needs to be aimed directly at the listener.
Old 09-18-2004, 09:39 AM

Default Re: aftermarket parts for sale

Mid-bass needs to be aimed directly at the listener.

And the reason for this is because mid bass freq's are directional.Not omni-directional.To break things down a bit further, midbass drivers should be placed in the front of the car,because of the fact they are directional.If your rear mounted 'subs' are playing all/most of the midbass compared to the front speakers,then the bass tends to become localized to the rear of the car.This is technically incorrect.You want ALL the sound to originate from well in front of you,or at least sound like it's all in front of you.