Interior, Sound, Security Modifications to the Interior of your Hyundai. Seats, Carpet, Car Audio & Entertainment, interior painting, security, etc..

Tib Owners In Or Near Sarasota, Fl: Please Read!

Old 02-16-2010, 07:14 PM
Administrator

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Vehicle: 2010 Genesis 2.0T

This company in Sarasota will create custom spare tire well sub enclosure for the RD Tiburon, but they need a tib to take measurements and to do a template. If anyone is interested, please let me know right away since I'm in contact with the owner of the shop and working out deals.

http://www.srqcustoms.com

Thanks for the help!
Old 02-16-2010, 07:20 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

Posted over in HA, might be able to help.
Old 02-17-2010, 01:17 PM
Administrator

Awesome...I should also mention that the person that does this, will get their sub box completely for free!

I have also worked out a group buy on these as well. This is kind of what it will look like...this particular sub box is for an S2000, but the one for the tib will look VERY similiar, and you'll be able to get it in either 10" or 12" sizing:

Bomello, I sent you a PM over there....

Ok...good news everyone! Bomello is taking his tib in to get the template made. This is just another thing we now have for Tib owners. Once he goes in on Monday to get the template, he'll supply his review and pics to me. I'll then set up the group buy.

Its not set in stone, but basically for either a 10" or 12" spare tire well enclosure, the price will be around $105 SHIPPED to anyone in the continental US if we get 5 people or more interested. You wont find that price for any other sub box that fits in the spare tire area.

More details to come for sure....

Please give your thanks to Bomello also for making the trip to have this done for us all.
Old 02-17-2010, 02:41 PM

Vehicle: 2001 hyundai tiburon

Visionz

since you are doing one enclosure that takes away use of the spare tire area, how about making use of the cubby holes behind the rear wheels that would accomodate either a single 10" or 8" on either side.

Regit did some for his car which look great. some people don't want to lose their spare is all and since you will have a tib there it wouldnt take too much longer to make the other enclosures.

Old 02-17-2010, 05:44 PM
Administrator

I dont know...the spare tire enclosure is made of MDF wood which is quick and easy. If we did one for the cubby area, it would have to be done out of fiberglass, which means alot more time spent for R&D, and the enclosure would also be alot more expensive.

A majority of tib owners have aftermarket rims, so they get rid of their stock rims....hence no more spare tire in the hatch. Thats why this is the best idea for people who want a nice enclosure, but dont want to lose any room in their hatch or want big obnoxious sub enclosures taking up a ton of room.
Old 02-17-2010, 07:54 PM

i understand what you are saying, just trying to get some more ideas cause i will not get stuck somewheres without a spare.
Old 02-17-2010, 11:36 PM

Vehicle: 2004 Volkswagen Jetta GLI

interested...
Old 03-01-2010, 12:23 PM
Administrator

So ok,

Bomello has been doing a great job keeping me updated through text messages today. Hes been at the shop most of the day as this is being done. I have good news and bad news.

Bad news is that the shop isnt able to do spare tire well enclosures. Im guessing its because of how our wells are shaped.

The good news is, they can do better enclosures made out of wood and fiberglass, that fit in the drivers side corner of the hatch, by the tail light. We can get these in 8", 10" and 12" even though 12's will be a little tight. Here are the pics that Bomello has sent me from his phone.

Pricing will still be around the same as stated before, but that info is to come once this get finished up and I talk with him about how they sound, turn around on the group buy, and additional group buy information.

Old 03-01-2010, 03:25 PM

w0oT!!!

ok, i need to know the name of this place. I have 8" subs that are made for small enclosures and and want more of a flow than what they have designed right now.

basically i want the sub enclosures to follow the inside line of the rear side covers, if you know what i mean. right now, they are sticking out too much so i need to know what cu. ft. that have right now cause i only need .75 cu.ft. per 8" sub. need made for the other side as well.

TYVM Bomello for using your car to make these enclosures.
Old 03-01-2010, 04:47 PM

Vehicle: 2004 Volkswagen Jetta GLI

why not passenger side...cuz they will be blocking vent for the defrost back there

i would also like to know how far out it would be sticking out as well too

thanks for up date