Interior, Sound, Security Modifications to the Interior of your Hyundai. Seats, Carpet, Car Audio & Entertainment, interior painting, security, etc..

For Those Of You With Racing Seats

Old 06-30-2006, 01:24 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

what did you guys do for brackets to make them fit? custom make brackets? or did you buy them from somewhere?

i got seats but i'm puzzled as to how to get them on. I don't have a welder to customer make the brackets so i dunno my other option. Shops around here charge an arm and a leg to make custom brackets.
Old 06-30-2006, 02:55 PM

my shop actually took a plasma cutter and cut the sliders off the stock seat, then welded braces across them for the racing seat bolts. Great idea, sadly, there isn't enough clearance near the roof for the seat to fold all of the way forward for back seat access... It's a hard decision, sliders or back seat access...
Old 06-30-2006, 03:29 PM

just used angle iron, took a whooping 45 minutes to mount both seats, ultra easy
Old 06-30-2006, 05:03 PM

Vehicle: 1997/Hyundai/Tiburon RD1

I also had to get custom brackets made, but I was able to keep the slider function. Stupid ass welder though burnt my carpet around the area. Still need to put in a new carpet or I might just rhino line most of the floor.
Old 06-30-2006, 07:29 PM

Vehicle: 2000 carbon tiburon

I got teh brackets from corbeau they have brackets for our cars... which actually i might be selling my corbeau seats.
Old 06-30-2006, 08:22 PM

I got my racing seats from Megan Racing (www.meganracing.com).

Instead of messing with welding, I bought the Corbeau brackets, and drilled holes into the bracket, and seat sliders to mount the seats on the brackets. I know the width of the Megan sliders fit nicely on the Corbeau brackets, but I cannot speak for other seats like Tenzo etc. Overall it took me like 6 hrs to fit both seats properly, making adjustments, and drilling. (damn, those brackets & sliders are tough to drill through).

This was the best alternative for me than having to spend thousands on Corbeau seats. The next option would be making something yourself and/or welding.

Do this, get the width between your seat sliders, and compare them to those of Corbeau seats. If they are similar, or close, then you may be able to buy Corbeau brackets and redrill holes to mount your seats on the brackets like I did. Check the Corbeau website (dunno the address, but search), and I believe they have dimensions on brackets, sliders, and seats.

I trust the Corbeau brackets, because remember, your life is riding on them. They also have a slot to mount the stock seat belt clip, so you dont have to use a harness. As long as the seats are bolted down good on the brackets, you should have no probs. Modifying the Corbeau brackets does void any manuf. warranty, however.

Good luck,

--Randy
Old 07-01-2006, 09:09 AM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon, 2004 Kia Sorento, 2010 Kia Soul

That's what I was thinking of doing.

How are the megan racing seats?
Old 07-01-2006, 09:52 AM

QUOTE (REDZMAN @ Jul 1 2006, 03:09 PM)
That's what I was thinking of doing.

How are the megan racing seats?

The seats are made of the 'net' fabric, which breathes well and keeps you cool. The stitching is better than the cheap racing seats, and the memory foam is pretty comfortable. They are sturdy and support is good. I've never had any probs with them. I recommend them if you don't want to pay thousands for racing seats like Corbeau. If you want better pics, check the website. You might be able to find them on Ebay as well.

--Randy
Old 07-01-2006, 11:01 AM

heres my tenzos.

obviousely they sit hella low. if i have the seat tilted back like i used to, i cant see over the steering wheel. but i actually really like it. i like the hella head room i have now compared to the stockers, plus i most of my back problems are gone. the stock seats have been tearing up my lower back for years, by far the worst factory seats ive ever owned.
Old 07-01-2006, 02:25 PM

yeea i dont really want to mess with the stock brackets because i plan on sellin my seats..

whats an angle iron?

i got sparcos and i'm gonna have to investigate if the corbeau brackets will fit on those...