Interior, Sound, Security Modifications to the Interior of your Hyundai. Seats, Carpet, Car Audio & Entertainment, interior painting, security, etc..

Tail Light Not Working!

Old 06-17-2006, 07:16 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2001/Hyundai/Tiburon

I was doing the speaker LED thing; got one done and was wiring up the second. I had two wires connected, one to the ground and one to the positive on the tail light. Both ends were open, and (stupid me) I left the lights on while running it up to my speaker. I think they connected for a short time, thus completing a circuit from the hot on the tail light to a ground. I think I saw a small spark, and my tail light on that side stopped working, but the other one still works, and the bulb is good (I switched them to check). What in the world did I mess up? I don't think I blew a fuse as i checked some of them and they're good, plus my other one still works. What did I do?
SE
Old 06-17-2006, 09:50 PM

Vehicle: 97 Tib

Is it the driver's tail lamp? Did one of your corner lights go out too? I think you blew the fuse under the hood, can't remember what it's labeled as (maybe LH TL for left hand tail lamp?) but just check them all. It probably won't be a fuse in the cabin.
Old 06-17-2006, 10:08 PM

Vehicle: 2001/Hyundai/Tiburon

It's the passenger tail light, and I haven't checked the corner light. I'll take a look at them and the fuse as soon as I get a chance.
Any other ideas?
SE
Old 06-17-2006, 10:11 PM

Vehicle: 97 Tib

...Maybe it's the pass. tail lamp and the driver's corner light. Either way, look for the tail lamp fuses under the hood, I'm betting it's one of them.
Old 05-04-2007, 03:55 AM

Vehicle: 1998 Hyundai Tiburon

I got almost the same problem. My brake light and the corner light on the driver side work, but not the tail light...

Anyone got an idea what the problem is?
Old 05-04-2007, 09:07 AM

Vehicle: 1998 Tiburon

I had a problem the other week with my front corner after Art and I changed them.

Turned out the brass connectors inside the lamp socket were a bit too flat, so I pulled them upward so they pressed good against the bulb.

Shot in the dark, but it might help smile.gif
Old 05-07-2007, 08:40 PM

I'd check every fuse... I have a tendancy to not disconnect my battery... EVER so I tend to pop a lot of fuse which I'm sure is healthy, but theyre never the fuses I think they are but I go through every one of em and eventually I'll find a random one popped... I remember in my old car I was wiring up my M3 mirrors, left the connections open to see if they worked, and nearly started a fire... Blew my blower motor, blinkers, radio, wipers... Turned out it was the power windows fuse (the car didnt have power windows)
Old 05-18-2007, 09:36 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Tiburon

Check the left hand tail lamp fuse in the engine bay. See this thread.
Old 05-19-2007, 03:31 AM
DTN

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

If visual inspection of the fuses in the engine bay turn up nothing, check the passenger compartment. If that turns up nothing, check them with a multimeter or light tester.
Sometimes, if you take a fuse RIGHT to the point where it blows and don't massively exceed the current rating, a fuse will blow and not give a visual indication. In that case you have to check your fuse for power on both sides. If you ever see power on one side of a fuse and nothing on the other, it's definately a bad fuse because fuses are not load devices.