Interior, Sound, Security Modifications to the Interior of your Hyundai. Seats, Carpet, Car Audio & Entertainment, interior painting, security, etc..

Systems Messed Up

Old 09-17-2005, 12:17 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

Ok for my head unit I have a dual x7500 or something like that. for front speakers i have audiobahn matched component set rated at like 300 watts RMS. The rear speakers are audiobahn 6x9 rated at about 220 RMS. I have an Audiobahn 600 RMS 4 channel amp powering all the speakers and for the low range on the components i wired those to the midrange along with the ones meant for mid. for the low range i have 2 audiobahn 8 inch subs. When I have it quiet I can only hear music and when i turn it up it sounds so bad i jsut dont want to listen to it at all. Any suggestions? I have went over everyhting and its all wired right and all that. I was thinking about getting a new head unit and seeing if that helps. I mean a nice head unit. Any help would be great. I really want to get this sounding good
Old 09-17-2005, 12:22 PM

Vehicle: 1997 Tiburon

I'm confused on what you are trying to say. What is the problem?
Old 09-17-2005, 02:25 PM

If I read this correctly, you only have one amp running everything. If so this is one problem. It also sounds like your amp levels(gain) might not be set properly.

Put the volume to about 6 (on the head unit) and adjust the gain on your amp. While sitting in the drivers seat you should be able to distinguish front and back. If you do have a second amp for the subs then start with the gain all the way down and bring it up slowly so you don't drown out the other 4 speakers.

hope that helps a little.
Old 09-17-2005, 06:31 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

I will try that tre. and the amp is powering the components and the 6x9s. the subs are off the crossover for teh components for teh low range
Old 09-19-2005, 03:26 PM

Could be as simple of a problem as you have the amp on the wrong setting. This happened to me when I installed my amp the other day. I have it hooked up to my component speakers but I had to amp set to sub woofer. sounded like crap till I switched it to mid range.