Interior, Sound, Security Modifications to the Interior of your Hyundai. Seats, Carpet, Car Audio & Entertainment, interior painting, security, etc..

System Questions Need Help

Old 10-30-2005, 11:27 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

hey guys, i've decided i want to get a custom system put into my car, But i know little about them. Im trying to pick out some subs and have no idea which ones to get. How do i know which ones will hit harder then others? Should i be looking at how many watts each sub can handle? and if so what is a decient about of watts for a single sub? I plan on putting 3 12s in my car but i've had some ppl tell me that 3 12s will be to much. what do you guys think? The subs i've looked at so far were rockford punch p2s and JL w1v2. like i said i know very little about subs but it seems that the rockfords will give me more power. Which subs do you guys have or have heard good things about? Keep in mind im trying to spend around 1,000 on this project. Another question i have is about capacitors. I read another thread about what they do but what i want to know is if i will need more then one. thanks

Any questions you guys can answer or information you can give me would be a great help. i want to get this project going in the next month or so and have alot to learn.
Old 10-30-2005, 11:51 AM

Pretty much the bigger the magnet the sub has, the harder it will hit. Dual voice coil subs will hit harder as well since you can wire them with more options. The more watts the sub can handle, the harder and louder it will hit. But i think if your gonna get three, you don't have to get too crazy with the watts.

Check out this page, it has some good tips.
http://www.crutchfieldadvisor.com/S-CSUpns...oofers_faq.html
Old 10-30-2005, 01:12 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon, 2004 Kia Sorento, 2010 Kia Soul

Well, what do you listen to the most?

I'd HIGHLY recommend you go with 3 10's instead.