Interior, Sound, Security Modifications to the Interior of your Hyundai. Seats, Carpet, Car Audio & Entertainment, interior painting, security, etc..

Switches

Old 07-31-2004, 07:28 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: A little more progress *MORE PICS ADDED*

Where are some good places for on/off switches? Like maybe somewhere on the dash. I got one right now where my lil coin holder use to be, I never used it so I put a switch for neons there. Any other places yall can think of? Pics be appreciated!
Old 07-31-2004, 07:46 PM

Vehicle: 97 Tiburon
Default Re: Screw in rear rotor?

i was thinkin about that the other day... if you want to conceal the switches and if you don't use the center console holder that often, you could put some switches in there... or if you do use that console, place the switches on the inside of the door.

also your ash tray. that would be a pretty good place for 'em. hopefully you don't use it for ashes. smoking is bad... smoking in your car is worse.

thats all i got for ideas. i used that coin holder for my underbody neons
Old 07-31-2004, 07:57 PM

Default Re: Pay Pal class action settlement

I have two switches in the center console. Had them hooked to two sets of fogs but they (fogs) were pissing me off so right now they are just dummy switches. But besides there, the coin holder, ash tray, under dash (bottom pannel), and in the indent in the door those are the only plase I can think of! I dont think on top of the center dash area (above A/C controls) would look very good. The lights from the switches would probably be anoying as hell and not to mention how big of a bi@tch they would be to turn on and off lol.gif .
Old 07-31-2004, 08:22 PM

Default Re: North East Meet Aug 21/22 ??

Yeah I dont think they would look right on the dash really, like people with Eclipses do. My friend drilled out a lil place in his Foxus ZX3 down where his feet were, on the left, and he put a lil switch there he can turn on with his foot, its pretty f***ing cool!!
Old 07-31-2004, 08:27 PM

Default Re: North East Meet Aug 21/22 ??

Those would have to be some damn dourable switches. I would probably crush them when I shifted or something!
Old 07-31-2004, 09:13 PM

Default Kudos to Kspec

Haha, his focus is really really roomy, doesnt come anywhere close to his foot when he pushes in on the clutch. But the only annoying part is the switch controls his neons under his dash, and the light for the switch is almost brighter than the neon itself! Would get on my nerves, but he doesnt mind it.
Old 07-31-2004, 10:15 PM

Default Re: *POSSIBLE* Lambo Door GB

thats a good spot because you can get the +12v from the car from the wire that used to power the cigarette lighter
Old 08-01-2004, 12:26 AM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon, 2004 Kia Sorento, 2010 Kia Soul
Default Re: Hyundai Car Shows

I'll sell you my Racerboy shifter, 4 buttons ON the shift knob.
Old 08-01-2004, 07:50 AM

Default Re: A little more progress *MORE PICS ADDED*

Ever condider stock switches? I recently got my hands on the stock rear fog light switch that our cars had over in Europe. Fits in right ABOVE the standard fog light switch to the left of the gage cluster. (at least on the RD1) If I wanted to, I could use it to wire most anything up and have it look stock.. I AM wiring up a rear fog, so that is what it is going to be used for.
Old 08-01-2004, 12:15 PM

Default Re: 2x Member

Whats that shifter look like Redz? I need me a new one.

And the cigarette lighter would be a good place but I need it for charged my cell phone as much as I talk on the thing.