Interior, Sound, Security Modifications to the Interior of your Hyundai. Seats, Carpet, Car Audio & Entertainment, interior painting, security, etc..

Sun Shades

Old 04-13-2015, 05:28 PM
Administrator

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Vehicle: 2010 Genesis 2.0T
Default Sun Shades

Looking for a decent sun shade for the front windshield now that I have my tablet installed. With the hot summer right around the corner, I don't want the sun beating down on the dash and causing the tablet to over heat. So those that use sun shades, which one do you have and how's the quality? I looked at a bunch on Amazon but almost all of them had reviews where they fell apart after some usage. I want to get something that lasts a long time, is easy to fold up and put up, and will keep the interior cool.
Old 04-13-2015, 09:43 PM
Super Moderator

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Vehicle: 2000 Elantra

I can't speak to specific models, but I like the one we use that folds up into like a 10" circle but expands to two big things to cover both sides of the windshield with a piece of cloth between the springy hoops. The fold-like-a-map kinds are meh.
Old 04-15-2015, 01:35 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

I have this one and love it: http://www.amazon.com/Car-Windshield...hield+sunshade

Had it for 2 years and hasn't degraded at all (this is in mojave desert sun too). Makes a definite difference in interior temperatures after sitting in the sun all day. Folds up easy and stuff it under my seat. Highly recommend that one!