Interior, Sound, Security Modifications to the Interior of your Hyundai. Seats, Carpet, Car Audio & Entertainment, interior painting, security, etc..

Sub positions

Old 02-22-2011, 01:49 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2005 Tiburon
Default Sub positions

I see 3 main types of sub positions and I was wondering what the benefits are of each. Hoping someone can fill me in because I searched and couldnt find anything.

1. both subs facing out from the box

2. both subs facing in the box

3. one sub facing out, one sub facing in

thanks for the help everyone
Old 02-22-2011, 03:57 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 1998 Tiburon

Okay don't put one facing in and the oposite out..don't kid yourself that will sound like garbage. My opinon on the subs facing inside is that it's more show then go, looks sick but sounds like somes is sick.

What I do recommend is both subs facing out and upwards towards the rear hatch glass. This way you may see some gains in decibel level and overall sound quality. If you have one of them trunk lid things chuck it out cause it will rattle itself oot the car.
Old 02-22-2011, 04:33 PM
Super Moderator

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Vehicle: 2000 Elantra

When the motor mechanism is behind the cone, in the box, it is less likely to project mechanical noise into the listening area. There is also the chance of high frequency junk coming from the spider that the cone is too slow-moving to project.

Barring both of those as sources of noise, it's purely an aesthetic concern AFAIK.